The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Just back from the BTS show

Go down 
+2
pluto
spinnin_tom
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 1:18 pm

Tom, I brought home 2 adult H. madraspetensis, a Chaerilus celebensis, a Heteroscorpion opisthacanthoides, Opisthacanthus madagascariensis and a Caraboctonus keyserlingi. Proper in love with the H. madraspetensis. Stunning looking and so fiesty.

I didn't get to stay long unfortunately so I missed the raffle and the talk. I really should have come on my own as the GF and my mate got bored after about half an hour
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 1:24 pm

lol... my mum was getting nervous straight away.
she decided it's the 'big black ones' that scare her... probably should NOT have got a G. pulchra lol.
did you buy the keyserlingi from the spider shop's huge lot of tables? £8 i think, but by that time i was already dipping into mums fuel money lol
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 1:29 pm

Spinnin, get your mom a Pamphobeteus (antinous) spider. She'll be happy with it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 1:36 pm

believ me i would have done.. they were expensive...
i've ran out of money so will have to save lol
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 1:59 pm

Yer it was one of the keyserlingi at the spidershop table. Looking back I wish I had bought a load of emps to breed. My big, really old female is on her last legs now. She's stopped eating and really slowed down.
Does anyone know who was running the table on the left as you first walked in that were advertising they were getting in S. maurus fuscus soon?
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 2:01 pm

that was exotic-pets co uk, pel said it was karen.
i almost bought a couple of adults from her, but i'd like to watch them grow and i didn't really have space for 2 adults, i won't for about a month so i still have time to save up lol..
i will need a good £100 next year though
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 2:06 pm

Oh yer, just read previous posts lol.
A couple of adult what lol??
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 2:09 pm

adult G. rosea, OBT, couple of other adult scorps: P. imp, B/C. keyserlingi, i'm also in need of some more Euscorpius, trip at the end of the month hopefully Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 2:11 pm

spinnin_tom wrote:
adult G. rosea, OBT, couple of other adult scorps: P. imp, B/C. keyserlingi, i'm also in need of some more Euscorpius, trip at the end of the month hopefully Smile

so what happened to the E.flavs you got? you have been twice haven't you?
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 2:17 pm

callum got 3 and i let caolan have the others, for now.

edit: bex do you think they would work better as a small colony or as singles? caolan had space and they were locking claws a lot. maybe breeding?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 3:08 pm

i think they would do best in a colony obviously make sure they have enough hiding places and they should be fine Smile
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 3:15 pm

yeah, i'll give another go at biotope wall lol.. i think you did that. right bex?
caolan had a big rub style thing, i only had that propagator.. don't go there, we don't mention how succesful that was lol, i have another tank set out already lol
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 3:22 pm

was going to do the wall but not got round to it yet, but will do it very soon
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 3:28 pm

ahh, i think it will look very cool. you could start hunting them at home lol
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 3:48 pm

thought about just letting them go in the living room as we have a brick fire place surround that goes all the way up to the ceiling lolz
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 3:56 pm

that would be epic. you'd need a few to start with though.. could you imagine, i let the stick insects have a wader today lol...
the scorpions shouldn't go away from the brick to much.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 4:01 pm

spinnin_tom wrote:
that would be epic. you'd need a few to start with though.. could you imagine, i let the stick insects have a wader today lol...

ha no problem there our female has just given birth so we have at least 15 babies Smile
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 4:04 pm

*~BEX~* wrote:
spinnin_tom wrote:

ha no problem there our female has just given birth so we have at least 15 babies Smile

how long did you have to wait for her to pop?
Back to top Go down
Peloquin
Babycurus
Peloquin

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 4:09 pm

If you mean the first table on the left in the first hall it was Karen from Exotic Pets.
DONT order anything from her web site, YOU WONT RECIEVE IT.

Buying from her at a show is fine, but she is terrible for service online.
A few of the forums had her down as a scammer for ages, now they class her as a tiny step better than a scammer.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 4:14 pm

Peloquin wrote:
If you mean the first table on the left in the first hall it was Karen from Exotic Pets.
DONT order anything from her web site, YOU WONT RECIEVE IT.

Buying from her at a show is fine, but she is terrible for service online.
A few of the forums had her down as a scammer for ages, now they class her as a tiny step better than a scammer.

very good prices, for adults at the show, but rather expensive on the site...
have you ordered anything from her pel?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 4:17 pm

spinnin_tom wrote:
*~BEX~* wrote:
spinnin_tom wrote:

we got her last september i think so from then sometime, pretty sure she was already gravid.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 4:20 pm

*~BEX~* wrote:
spinnin_tom wrote:
*~BEX~* wrote:
spinnin_tom wrote:

we got her last september i think so from then sometime, pretty sure she was already gravid.

that's the one problem with scorpions.. the gestation period Razz
why can't they be like rabbits?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 4:24 pm

i believe the E.flavs gestation is 10-14 months depending on temps and food availability.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 4:26 pm

omg... that's longer than an elephant's..... that works for 2 things with me.. cough..
Back to top Go down
Peloquin
Babycurus
Peloquin

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty5/23/2011, 4:28 pm

Ive bought loads from her, 99% of it fine but you'll always get the odd thing dying, they are wild caught after all, but I'd NEVER order from her online and she knows me so would probably make more of an effort.

READ THIS

There are many threads knocking about talking about Karen, some good, most not so good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the BTS show   Just back from the BTS show - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just back from the BTS show
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next