The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) Empty
PostSubject: I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)   I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) Empty1/15/2013, 5:19 pm

so, everybody... i need to start posting on here more and i've got a new camera, so that should be happening
we've got the south east arachnid show on the 27th (i'm going and i'll more than likely be wearing the seas shirt. easy to spot)

so, i'm looking for something small and desert dwelling. any suggestions ?

tom
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)   I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) Empty1/16/2013, 4:27 pm

Get back to facebook where you belong Razz
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)   I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) Empty1/16/2013, 4:32 pm

yes, sir. no, sir. three bags full, sir
i've just realised that my photobucket link is dead *cries*
time for a scorpion photoshoot methinks
so, callum... any suggestions on something a bit "different" ?
i'm thinking Caroboctonus sp. (i'd google the right spelling, but i'm going for a bath and that's a priority)
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)   I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) Empty1/16/2013, 5:37 pm

I noticed you're from the Uk which makes all the really cool desert guys off your list. But Hadrurus are very fun scorpions. Although not little or all that exotic. They sure are nice.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)   I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) Empty1/16/2013, 6:33 pm

I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) DSCN0218 Complete with dog hair and everything Laughing (Caraboctnus keyserlingi)

Bothriurus spp. are nice.

I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) DSCN0775 Bothriurus dumayi

Smeringus spp. are very cool. S. vachoni have been available recently (still not taken any pics of these guys) and S. mesaensis is one of the best looking scorpions IMO

I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) DSCN0725

Scorpio maurus?? (excuse the loose grit and pea gravel, it's what was in the tub it came in)

I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) DSCN0187

Then there's the Vaejovis/Hoffmannius spp. plus a few other North American species that are available from the usual places at the moment.

Unfortunately, the cool little desert Buthidae scorpions, like Orthochirus spp. etc. are off limits.

Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)   I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) Empty1/17/2013, 10:54 am

Callum B wrote:
I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) DSCN0218 Complete with dog hair and everything Laughing (Caraboctnus keyserlingi)

Bothriurus spp. are nice.

I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) DSCN0775 Bothriurus dumayi

Smeringus spp. are very cool. S. vachoni have been available recently (still not taken any pics of these guys) and S. mesaensis is one of the best looking scorpions IMO

I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) DSCN0725

Scorpio maurus?? (excuse the loose grit and pea gravel, it's what was in the tub it came in)

I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) DSCN0187

Then there's the Vaejovis/Hoffmannius spp. plus a few other North American species that are available from the usual places at the moment.

Unfortunately, the cool little desert Buthidae scorpions, like Orthochirus spp. etc. are off limits.

yeah, it sucks !
i'd really like a couple of bark scorpions and an Androctonus, but we all know that's not happening Sad
that IS the biggest problem with living here... all of the species that shouldn't be "dangerous wild animals"

my likey all of those. callum, have you got any sort of idea of price that the likes of those Bothriurus dumayi and similar, would sell for ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)   I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) Empty1/17/2013, 10:55 am

Also, the S.maurus (i take it that's not a guaranteed id by the question mark ) looks good with the gravel. it really puts the size in proportion. things like that make for nice bases for photos
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)   I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) Empty1/17/2013, 1:28 pm

I meant ''Scorpio maurus?'' as in, ''what about Scorpion maurus?''

B. dumayi ~£10 - £20. Have a look on Bugzuks table or some of the Euro guys at SEAS for Bothriurus spp.

Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)   I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) Empty1/17/2013, 2:36 pm

nice one. thanks, callum
you never know and i'll get lucky and see some "other" scorpions at the show like last year
that was a fun morning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)   I think I want another one (And an upcoming show) Empty

Back to top Go down

I think I want another one (And an upcoming show)
Page 1 of 1