The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Flat rock scorpions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
junosama
Centruroides

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Flat rock scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Flat rock scorpions   Flat rock scorpions Empty5/21/2011, 5:25 am

I'm thinking of possibly getting a flat rock scorpion instead of a desert hairy since my pet store seems to carry them regularly.

Any tips for caring for a flat rock scorpion? I already read the care sheet but I always like to get input from people who actually own them.

Would sand be ok for substrate? Also I am getting conflicting info on humidity. Do they need high or low humidity and water dish? Thanks, any setup pics would be helpful.

Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Flat rock scorpions   Flat rock scorpions Empty5/21/2011, 10:06 am

google (is your friend) > 'flat rock caresheet'> http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/H-troglodytes.html

This is all I can do for you. Don't have hands on experience with them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Flat rock scorpions   Flat rock scorpions Empty5/21/2011, 12:45 pm

I've got a 3/4i Hadogenes paucidens that I've had for over a year and it has only molted once and grown very slowly. I'm getting impatient waiting for it to grow so I'd recommend an adult/sub-adult. Laughing

This is a pic when it was freshly molted.

Flat rock scorpions Flatrockmolted

LXDNG79 done a really good write-up on them.

Hadogenes paucidens - Questions on housing, substrate and captive care
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Flat rock scorpions   Flat rock scorpions Empty5/21/2011, 12:56 pm

Man, I don't know what it is with these things, but I don't like them. They weird me out a little. Not to try to change your mind, or make a jab at anyone that keeps them...

Maybe I should get one so I can get over it!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Flat rock scorpions   Flat rock scorpions Empty5/21/2011, 1:23 pm

Street, dude...

You are growing a baby bicolor and these flatrocks creep you out??? Wait untill you see your bicolor get adult..
If you are scared of it then (the way it moves, looks and sounds) you can always send it to Bicolor Assylum (me) Laughing

... edit: now that you mention it, Pandinus freak me out too... Too much scorpion to handle!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Flat rock scorpions   Flat rock scorpions Empty5/21/2011, 2:39 pm

Oh, it's not that I'm scared of them ha ha. More like they look weird and smashed because well... they're flat. They just don't look right to me for some reason.

I've also got two sub/adult bicolors that I absolutely adore! I have yet to photograph them though as they spend most of their time in the burrows they made instead of using the hides I provided lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flat rock scorpions   Flat rock scorpions Empty

Back to top Go down

Flat rock scorpions
Page 1 of 1