The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..

Go down 
+3
Mr. Mordax
freeman
liette
7 posters
AuthorMessage
liette
Centruroides

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty
PostSubject: Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..   Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty4/30/2008, 6:19 am

So it seems, Lychas Mucronatus are very good death pretenders. This morning, I prodded one with a toothpick(checking whether it was still alive, phobia after the previous deaths) and it went berserk, stinging everything and everywhere until it came to an abrupt halt, body upside down...i then prodded it again and it did not move a single bit, just lay upside down.. I left it all alone and after I came back, true enough, it was happily walking around.

My guess would be that the ones that supposedly died last week were actually faking it due to the fact that I left a large cricket in there with them (the cricket were around twice their size).....

Oh well, and I threw them all away. Shocked
Back to top Go down
freeman
Centruroides
freeman

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..   Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty4/30/2008, 7:22 am

they fool me too couple of times. not L.mucronatus but little Hottentottas and Liochles. very convincing "death".
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..   Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty4/30/2008, 8:41 am

That kind of sucks, but it's nice to know that it probably wasn't anything you did to cause it.

We've all made some mistakes that may look dumb in retrospect here and there -- I've heard of people throwing their "dead" tarantula away when it was molting. (Lucky timing for Eddy, though, when someone else was about to.)
Back to top Go down
liette
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..   Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty4/30/2008, 9:06 am

Bah, I'm sure one of the 3 'deceased' really passed on. Not so sure bout the other 2 though since the 'deaths' were so abrupt in 30 minutes after I introduced the cricket.

Fear not, I have 2 new ones now and I'm learning from experience!
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..   Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty4/30/2008, 10:53 am

I always leave them in an enclosure of some sorts for a couple days to be sure, by that time they are obviously dead (wilting).
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..   Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty4/30/2008, 11:05 am

i never new scorps could do that........
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..   Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty4/30/2008, 11:06 am

Had the same thing happen with M. martensii and Lq's
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..   Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty4/30/2008, 2:40 pm

these wonderful creatures will always come up with strange and wonderful things to make us think "dammit I should have known" but now you do...and they wont be able to fool you again.

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
liette
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..   Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty4/30/2008, 10:13 pm

Noted. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..   Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Lychas Mucronatus faking a very real death..perhaps the ones that 'died' actually faked it afterall..
Page 1 of 1