The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Bicolor enclosure and more to come..

Go down 
+5
*~BEX~*
LXDNG79
spinnin_tom
Peloquin
pluto
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/7/2011, 11:26 am

Male went for a nightly walk (and climbing everything)..

They do not seem interested in each other anymore (but not acting aggressively either). Maybe they got the 'deed' done?

Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Hgf
Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 New1b
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/7/2011, 11:46 am

Hopefully! I sense a molt coming for my little bicolor. It's refused food the last time I fed my little scorps. It looks like a little blob with a bunch of stick legs ha ha.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/7/2011, 12:02 pm

lol

Do you have a picture of it? Would love to get it posted here. I'll see if I can find a fresh one of mine. That way you can see them develop side by side. Would be cool.

They are practically the same age so.. Lemme dig
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/7/2011, 12:25 pm

Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Scorpling
One of your, like.. i2 ball with legs lol. I suppose you mean something like this. They are vicious eaters aren't they.. I think you are right on the incoming moult. Maybe some expert can come comment on that What a Face As it is, you can begin to see a second skin underneath. Might take 2 more weeks though, the legs are not darkening yet. Pincers are however, getting a tan.

(born March this year, kept at 30 degrees celcius in cricket boxes in a glass box with an infrared build ontop. Complete drop of temp at night to 21 degrees. 1/4 of the cricket container white sand, moistened every 2 days. All have a small coconut hide. Average 1 cricket eaten/day)

Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Img0153dd
Mum, quite fat. And notice the spot on the head. Or it is cricket residue (most likely, she ate 6 fat ones in a row) or a battlemark from skirmishing the male at night. As i have seen no aggression at all, I suggest that is unlikely.

Ps.: If you ever think your little one escaped, do not panic. They already think, they are big ones.. they dig. Look for a small little dug out cave. Bet he's lurking in there Suspect

Messy eater this girl
Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Messyx
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/7/2011, 5:54 pm

This is how a FRESHLY adult moulted female Poecilotheria Metallica looks like

Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Fempmet
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/7/2011, 10:52 pm

Amazing! I really need to get off my butt and take some photos already. My lady has a nice digital slr, but I have no idea how to use it as I've never owned a camera in my life! Her working season will be coming to a close in the next week, so perhaps we can find the time to take some pictures then. I just have to convince her that they aren't rabid beasts out for human blood, capable of leaping great distances to hit their mark...
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/8/2011, 3:46 pm

Would be nice yes. I would love to see your scorpling for instance. Search for the button that makes the flash go off. I think they all automatically zoom and focus bounce

Regarding your girl... hmmm I'm a mess with girls, no comment Smile

I'll give you one more, next pictures are going to have to be yours! Found my little male, getting fatter (dining out in the open for several hours. He needs that time because the crickets are almost as large as he is)...

Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Img0177en

Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Img0166qh
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/14/2011, 12:32 pm

I proudly present you, Androctonus Bicolor A. Gymnastica
Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Img0006ev

She, a very fat girl, found a hole in the styrofoam about 15 cm high up in the air, from the sand she walks on.
All you can see, is what is on the picture (taken with a camera and maglite). They yellow-orange thing in the back, is one of its legs dangling
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/14/2011, 8:08 pm

I didn't know they did tricks. Make her roll over!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/15/2011, 2:46 pm

hehe, I tried by setting the example of a nice headroll in front of her enclosure.. didnt help clown

By the way. I want to get wrid of the Hadogenes subcategory on postings.. Hope this helps (edit, Centruroides, yahh mann!!)

OFF WITH THE HEAD!
Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Ndqx

btw street, I'm still waiting on that scorpling picture Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/15/2011, 7:44 pm

It's coming! We just shot the photo's and they are loading. Then I have to get a photobucket or something, then figure out how to post photo's on here... I'm sure that by the time you wake up and read this there will be photographic evidence that I do indeed own scorpions ha ha ha.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/15/2011, 7:57 pm

Well

You just woke me. My cell gave notice i had mail Smile

I dont doubt you have scorpions mate.. not at the slightest, I just want to see your scorpling!! Wink

Yes, get a photobucket or Imageshack or similar. You can then link the direct link into the image brackets here. Done

Well i'm off again lol

cheers and thanks
cheers
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/19/2011, 5:38 pm

So Pluto, any moults yet from your slings? Mine is still being stubborn and refusing food.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/19/2011, 5:42 pm

for how long is he doing that now?

I have 4 that began fasting begin this week and a fifth one that just keeps being a porker...
Did yours get fatter or is it the same is in your pictures?
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/19/2011, 5:57 pm

Well the Hh's just refused to eat on tuesday for the first time ever. The bicolor looks the same and when I fed on friday it mangled the holy hell out of the cricket and left it, then refused the cricket tuesday as well. So this puts it's last feeding as Tuesday of last week.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/19/2011, 6:09 pm

The thing is from i2 to i3 should take really long, so I doubt it is for moulting... but as ever, this is an interesting hobby and you can never tell.

If he does, please tell me.. i want to see yours at i3, soon! :-p
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/19/2011, 6:13 pm

So do I...
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/22/2011, 10:20 am

Street,

Mine are refusing food now too. Seems to be on schedule Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/22/2011, 12:23 pm

Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Bendyr
business end
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/22/2011, 12:38 pm

awesome i want one Sad
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/22/2011, 1:20 pm

This is the male, very small and very glossy as the species appears to be. It's tail is almost as big as its total body.. I think I never had one with a bigger tail than this one.

When you see it walking, it's like a walking tail. Actually in a funny way it is cute.
He sometimes gets hammered by the female though. But now they're both under that slate on a piece of 6cm by 6. Back to back
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/26/2011, 2:56 am

Street, my little ones started to feed again, so I was too fast to speak. I hope your moult goes ok! Really curious how big it will be after! Keep me posted please.

As far as my fattie female. I think I will not have much competition for quite some time on bicolors since it appears to be gravid. I can see some embryo through the side membrane cheers

At least I see white dots or she got a bad degustation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/26/2011, 4:42 pm

sucker pinched me by trying to crawl out! He thinks being daddy permits him license to be mean
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/26/2011, 6:08 pm

Brutal man. You are a nut for letting it get close enough to pinch you!

Congrats on the gravid female.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty5/26/2011, 6:16 pm

Hehe thanks.. Will try to take a picture of the white knobs in the belly of the female.
Well, it was in the cricket container I took that photo from. To get a good image I had to take the lid off. They are small but they can lift theirselves up by their tale.

I saw it happening so I quickly pushed it back so it wouldnt fall. It pinched me, but didnt sting since he was supporting himself on his tail. No worries. It didnt even really pinch, but grabbed my finger to pull itself up i think.

But as you can see, an accident is always lurking if you are not careful enough.

I do believe the stings are overrated, but I don't want to find out if not absolutely necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bicolor enclosure and more to come..   Bicolor enclosure and more to come.. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bicolor enclosure and more to come..
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next