The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

exo terra terrariums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

exo terra terrariums Empty
PostSubject: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/15/2011, 7:27 pm

hi...
does anybody own exo terra glass terrariums? if so: what are they like? are they well built? do they function well for scorps and ts?
also, are they good value for money, without the heat lamp top thing? or could anybody give reccomendation of a cheaper/better alternate to the 30 x 30 x30 small or mini, not sure which.
thanks
tom
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/16/2011, 2:03 am

I own one myself and I have to say they are very well built and great terrariums. They can hold water and they also have specially made air vents in the front that prevent air condensation so you can see your pets. Depending on the model's dimensions, I think they'd be good for both scorps and tarantulas since you can open the front and the top of the tank. However, if you're housing a pet that needs high humidity, you'll have to modify the tank because the top is metal mesh. The smaller tanks aren't deep either, so not much substrate can be added if you want your scorpion to burrow a lot. It's not specialized specifically for scorps or tarantulas is what I'm saying. In addition, I think they beat the crap out of Zoo Med tanks. Exo terra tanks come with a sweet realistic background, decor such as a rock cave or fake plants, vines, etc. Depending on where you buy it (I've searched several areas), I think they're a worthwhile investment based on how beautiful they look. Mine is used as a display tank and I wouldn't use any other tank to do it. They aren't the cheapest tanks you can get for your buck, but once again, if you're doing it for displays for a few pets, it's a good choice. If you're going for tanks that are cheap and do the job without any added perks, I'd look elsewhere. Exo terra tanks have been the best ones I could find and the price I got mine for was excellent. How much is the small/mini you're trying to get? I have the exo-terra nano, by the way and I would like to get the 12x12x12 desert one for my lizard.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/17/2011, 1:44 pm

The small 12 12 12 is just over £30, can't remember exactly, it is just the tank and background, the extra £40 would not be worth it, I want it for a T. So the compact top is pointless, I could buy substrate, hides etc. I already have a humidity temperature gauge.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/17/2011, 1:52 pm

ebay lol we got a huge one for £40 Smile
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/17/2011, 1:57 pm

I only have space for 30cm high, well closer to 32 lol, I emptied a wooden bookshelf out, I have space for like 8 of these now, but believe me, if I could, I would get a big one
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/17/2011, 2:34 pm

well just get the cheap clearseal tanks somewhere near you must sell them?
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/17/2011, 3:37 pm

pets at home do. it's just getting a good lid to fit
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/17/2011, 3:52 pm

the lids are fine? what do you mean?
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/17/2011, 6:22 pm

ive got a 15 ish litre clearseal, the build quality of the tank is great, but the lid iis light plastic, iread that scorps and T s can knock llight lids off and get out, besides, the smallest clearseal is lie 10l i think, apart from special made to order tanks. this would take up a bit much room lol, ithink it is about 40x35x35 on the rack it will live on,so the terra is a perfect size Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/17/2011, 6:34 pm

All ours have been fine apart from the P.cavs they try to get out but nothing two bits of tape doesn't fix
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/18/2011, 3:10 pm

are the lids in your clear seal tanks the ones that have 2 hinged bits on the lids? mine has none, for some reason, it may be worth ordering one from cleaseal.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/18/2011, 3:47 pm

No they are just black plastic things that fit over the top
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/18/2011, 4:38 pm

I just bought an exo terra tank the other day. It's a desert kit 12x12x12 for $60 Smile

exo terra terrariums 15-43-home

Comes with everything including the hood, so I'd say I got a pretty sweet deal, a bit over 50% off. Always check your local listings for people selling things. Over here we have something called craigslist.com and I can get all sorts of things for dirt cheap. My alligator lizard will love its new home and I hope for it to reach adulthood in it.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/18/2011, 6:05 pm

the light is not needed i thought, scorps and ts hate it?
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/18/2011, 6:15 pm

still, i am forever on sun ads, friday ads, loot etc, thats like craigslist looking for stuff
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/18/2011, 7:38 pm

The light isn't needed for them, that's why I stated it's for my alligator lizard Smile
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/19/2011, 5:16 am

oh sorry, duuuuuh. that's me not reading things
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/22/2011, 1:37 am

spinnin_tom wrote:
oh sorry, duuuuuh. that's me not reading things

No prob, bud Smile
I can't wait to get my hands on that tank and decorate it (it's in another city right now).
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/23/2011, 2:42 pm

they look great don't they. you seen those do your reptiles feel at home thing on the exo terra site?
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/24/2011, 3:29 am

How high is the bottom on a 30x30x30? I mean, how much substrate would you be able to put there before reaching the doors/ventilation?
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/24/2011, 5:45 am

Good question. I am thinking you can get in 4-5 inches of substrate and if not at least 3-4.

Spinnin_tom: yeah, I've seen those vids and they look freaking sweet Smile
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty4/24/2011, 7:02 pm

i'd love to have the patience do try something like one of those, yeah there is a good 5 incheds of glass, before the doors
Back to top Go down
Ikky87
Pandinus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-11-01

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty11/2/2014, 12:52 pm

are these tanks ok with the false bottom set up or am I better with a fish tank?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: exo terra terrariums   exo terra terrariums Empty

Back to top Go down

exo terra terrariums
Page 1 of 1