The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty
PostSubject: Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids   Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty2/24/2011, 2:15 am

Scorpio Maurus Palmatus are indeed fiesty little scorps.

Claws like those of Emperors' and yet stings its prey readily during hunting. What more can we ask for? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Billy No Mates
Centruroides
Billy No Mates

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids   Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty2/24/2011, 11:18 am

Awesome.

I really want to get some of these set up in a communal tank.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids   Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty2/24/2011, 3:41 pm

It's amazing how fast of a hunter they are. That first vid clearly shows their agility and swiftness in capturing prey. Sweet vids man, and one good lookin scorp!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids   Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty3/1/2011, 12:51 am

Billy No Mates wrote:
Awesome.
I really want to get some of these set up in a communal tank.

You speak my mind Billy. I've always wanted to house them communally but after some research i found that they are not really communal as a norm (with males and females are only found together during mating season).

H. laoticus wrote:
It's amazing how fast of a hunter they are. That first vid clearly shows their agility and swiftness in capturing prey. Sweet vids man, and one good lookin scorp!

Thanks Bro. Gotta love them! Smile
Back to top Go down
Billy No Mates
Centruroides
Billy No Mates

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids   Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty3/1/2011, 1:08 am

GS wrote:
You speak my mind Billy. I've always wanted to house them communally but after some research i found that they are not really communal as a norm (with males and females are only found together during mating season).

I reckon I could get away with three in a 15-20 gallon tank with ample substrate and hides. I'll just have to find out.

I think in a tank that large they'd come into contact so little, fighting would rarely occur.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids   Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty3/1/2011, 2:18 am

Billy No Mates wrote:
I reckon I could get away with three in a 15-20 gallon tank with ample substrate and hides. I'll just have to find out.
I think in a tank that large they'd come into contact so little, fighting would rarely occur.

Nice. Shouldn't have any issue for such a big tank for just 3 of them.. too bad space was a real constraint to me Sad
Look forward to your nice setup Smile
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids   Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty4/10/2011, 11:37 am

3rd video
You can see it feed through it's head!
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids   Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty4/10/2011, 4:36 pm

I think I had a chance to pick up one of these for 30 bucks Ill have to go back and check

I didnt have enough money at the time as I was picking up 2 other scorps that day from the same person
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids   Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty4/12/2011, 9:18 pm

Bedlam wrote:
3rd video
You can see it feed through it's head!

Yes indeed! haha

Roblicious wrote:
I think I had a chance to pick up one of these for 30 bucks Ill have to go back and check
I didnt have enough money at the time as I was picking up 2 other scorps that day from the same person

Icic.. guess it wouldn't be long a wait though. ha
Gratz to your new additions!
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids   Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty4/13/2011, 2:57 pm

It was actually a O. wahlbergi, female full grown adult or maybe 1 more molt, I guess its a heavy eater prolly why it was slightly on the chubby side
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids   Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpio Maurus Palmatus - Hunting Vids
Page 1 of 1