The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Informative forum...scattered info

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taledus
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Informative forum...scattered info Empty
PostSubject: Informative forum...scattered info   Informative forum...scattered info Empty1/28/2011, 8:45 am

Not really sure how to put this, but here is my best attempt...

Currently Emperors have their own forum along with FAQ's. Care sheets have another forum. Breeding reports have one, as well as envenomation reports.

In the last several weeks scrounging around for information on a few various species I have come across like 10 sites or so that have been very helpful, but only in certain areas, and often with few species listed. Some of the more potential ones are either shut down or abandoned. Even Wikipedia has a ton of information/pictures missing that would be very helpful. I like http://www.care-sheet.com, but even it is missing information.

However, having all the needed information in one place would be beneficial. But not where each species has its own forum, as useful as that would be...but not 1500 forums. If each had it's own thread it would be difficult to manage trying to keep all aspects (care sheet / breeding report / envenomation / FAQ) separated while keeping stuff together in one place while keeping out useless posts.

In other words I'm not sure how everything could be sorted/arranged for each species, while still allowing for users to add information from their experiences. Maybe a few people get together and compile information in a selected format and submit for stickies? I really don't know, just throwing an idea out there that might add a bit of ease to self-locating specific information instead of scrolling through endless pages of results.

And if I am missing somewhere that is already setup similarly, I haven't seen it yet.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Informative forum...scattered info   Informative forum...scattered info Empty1/28/2011, 11:19 am

Search button is your friend buddy Very Happy

I personally like how everything is layed out on the forum, better than having too many sections to wade through to see recent posts that are not on the scrolling portal list at that time.

I always say "advice speaks a thousand care sheets"
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Taledus
Hadogenes

PostSubject: Re: Informative forum...scattered info   Informative forum...scattered info Empty1/28/2011, 2:39 pm

I agree, the way things are currently layed out is good, which is why I really have no ideas about something like I am referring to. I just thought it would be cool to see everything for 1 species in 1 place, but not sure forums would be the way to go for something like that.

Anyways, just a thought Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Informative forum...scattered info   Informative forum...scattered info Empty1/29/2011, 5:57 pm

The search function on this forum is . . . lacking at best. I'd sooner use google and restrict results to the forum.

As far as giving each species its own subforum or information page, you'd have to scroll a lot farther. We try to go a little bit in that direction by having sting / breeding reports organized by species.

We gave emps their own forum because they're so common among hobbyists and are usually someone's first experience in the hobby.
Back to top Go down
Taledus
Hadogenes

PostSubject: Re: Informative forum...scattered info   Informative forum...scattered info Empty2/15/2011, 9:33 pm

Adding to my already open suggestion thread. Found baby crickets today...then mites. With a bit of searching I was able to verify that these are the good mites since I was able to find the same thing posted on another thread. Would be good to have a picture in the stickies of the good and bad mites since there is a grip of posts about help identifying the mite in question.

Anyways, posting a pic of what I got. Sorry, still have no macro lens for the wife's camera yet, but decent nonetheless.
Informative forum...scattered info Img_1710
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Informative forum...scattered info   Informative forum...scattered info Empty

Back to top Go down

Informative forum...scattered info
Page 1 of 1