The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

How to sex scorpio maurus?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

How to sex scorpio maurus? Empty
PostSubject: How to sex scorpio maurus?   How to sex scorpio maurus? Empty11/29/2010, 2:36 pm

Hi all,

Our delivery of 3 scorpio maurus are coming earlier than planned (tomorrow) and was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to sex these guys?..... we have now got 3 seperate tanks prepared for them after finding out they are not so communal lol...(we got 3 thinking they was).... will post pics once they arrive but i only really have experience with sexing emps is it different for desert species?...Anyway well excited now that they are gonna be here early....YAY!

Also is it correct they like their environment more humid than say desert hairys?

Thanx in advance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: How to sex scorpio maurus?   How to sex scorpio maurus? Empty11/29/2010, 2:48 pm

pretty much the same with all scorpions, the shape of the operculum and size of pectines. if you have both sexes you should be able to tell by comparing them.
are they adults? if not you may have trouble telling.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: How to sex scorpio maurus?   How to sex scorpio maurus? Empty11/29/2010, 4:23 pm

They have been sold to us as adults from bugzuk due here early tomorrow so will post pics asap prly about 10am
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to sex scorpio maurus?   How to sex scorpio maurus? Empty11/29/2010, 4:25 pm

Gonna be exciting to see those pics Very Happy If I go to egypt next year I'm gonna see if I can find any and bring home!
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: How to sex scorpio maurus?   How to sex scorpio maurus? Empty11/30/2010, 12:27 am

I just read this caresheet found on VL, give it a look over
http://www.venomlist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26475

Looks pretty informative Smile
Back to top Go down

How to sex scorpio maurus?
Page 1 of 1