The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Help ID Surrendered Species

Go down 
+5
anemiaffx
Chrome
Scott Land
H. laoticus
iitomodachi1
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Help ID Surrendered Species - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help ID Surrendered Species   Help ID Surrendered Species - Page 2 Empty11/10/2010, 1:49 am

Canth wrote:
I'm gonna chime in here...only a few weeks late ha.

I just can't see anyone really paying for Centruroides vittatus. I live in Texas, and in one day I found about 30 of these by driving two hours away. Contact someone on any arachnid forum from Texas and talk to them about shipping you a large group of them. You could fit at least 100 in a 40 gallon tank. Centruroides colonies are really fun, especially at feeding time as it just becomes a huge massacre of feeders haha

What ever you decide to do, have fun with em Smile

Well, if you can hook me up with a batch of them or point me in the right direction, I definitely wouldn't mind getting some. I understand that they're plenty, but I don't see any ads for them even though there are many and they should be dirt cheap! Maybe that's the problem, there's just too many and people don't think it's worth it haha

By the way, I didn't know you were one of our mods Smile
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Help ID Surrendered Species   Help ID Surrendered Species - Page 2 Empty11/10/2010, 2:08 am

Ha well I had taken a leave of absence for a while, but now I'm back! At least until I start college next year. I'd love to hook you up, but temps are dropping here and I don't know when I'll be back in C. vittatus country. If you're still interested when it starts warming up, I'll have no problem getting you some. As my last summer before college is coming up, I plan on visiting all of Texas, spending most of my time in the western area, where C. vittatus are actually yellow and resemble C. scuplturatus!
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: Help ID Surrendered Species   Help ID Surrendered Species - Page 2 Empty11/10/2010, 2:48 am

Canth wrote:
Ha well I had taken a leave of absence for a while, but now I'm back! At least until I start college next year. I'd love to hook you up, but temps are dropping here and I don't know when I'll be back in C. vittatus country. If you're still interested when it starts warming up, I'll have no problem getting you some. As my last summer before college is coming up, I plan on visiting all of Texas, spending most of my time in the western area, where C. vittatus are actually yellow and resemble C. scuplturatus!

Cool, hope you enjoy your college experience, I know I am Smile
Great, thanks a lot! I'm definitely interested in this species. Let me know when there will be ideal conditions and I'll remind myself to give you a nudge when the time comes.

Hopefully you'll make a thread of your trip and post some pics for us Very Happy
Texas has some sweet centipede species as well--some expensive ones at that. Are you into those?
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Help ID Surrendered Species   Help ID Surrendered Species - Page 2 Empty11/10/2010, 2:54 am

H. laoticus wrote:
Canth wrote:

Cool, hope you enjoy your college experience, I know I am Smile
Great, thanks a lot! I'm definitely interested in this species. Let me know when there will be ideal conditions and I'll remind myself to give you a nudge when the time comes.

Hopefully you'll make a thread of your trip and post some pics for us Very Happy
Texas has some sweet centipede species as well--some expensive ones at that. Are you into those?

Oh hell yes! I recently completed a deal with somebody for S. heros ssp and recieved S. hardwickei in exchange. I currently have no S. heros ssp of my own, but I hope to change that. Last time I was in west Texas, I managed to catch 3 S. heros heros plings, however an unfortunate series of events killed them. I was pissed, but hey it happens :/

I'm currently in search of S. heros heros and unbanded S. heros arizonensis Smile

Btw, May is a good time to start looking for C. vittatus.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: Help ID Surrendered Species   Help ID Surrendered Species - Page 2 Empty11/10/2010, 3:38 am

Wow, you got your hands on an S. hardwickei!? That's impressive! I lost count on how many people who would give an arm and leg for that species lol

Hopefully you'll find something out of that search because they are definitely prized pedes.
Sounds good, I'll send you a PM in May, haha
That's ideal for me, too because I will be done with school and will be heading home, which will give me more room for keeping more scorps Smile
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Help ID Surrendered Species   Help ID Surrendered Species - Page 2 Empty11/10/2010, 12:35 pm

i know this is off topic, but you gentleman make me want to live in the woods for about a week hunting C. hentzi...

i cant think for the life of me what other centuroides species are in NW florida, but ive been contemplating more and more about trying to catch more and successfully breed them this time around
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
TELOW
Centruroides
TELOW

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Help ID Surrendered Species   Help ID Surrendered Species - Page 2 Empty11/10/2010, 2:03 pm

florida has c. gracilis c. hentzi and c. guanensis
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: Help ID Surrendered Species   Help ID Surrendered Species - Page 2 Empty11/10/2010, 8:07 pm

the lycan mikey wrote:
i know this is off topic, but you gentleman make me want to live in the woods for about a week hunting C. hentzi...

i cant think for the life of me what other centuroides species are in NW florida, but ive been contemplating more and more about trying to catch more and successfully breed them this time around

You've got C. gracilis there!
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Help ID Surrendered Species   Help ID Surrendered Species - Page 2 Empty11/16/2010, 10:59 pm

thank you telow, i really couldnt remember which sp were in my area

i got really lucky with the 1st 2 i had
and than the last c. hentzi i had was from inside some crazy ladies house across the street

other than that, i think the temp is dropping a little low during the day and even worse at night.
so its getting difficult to hunt them right now...
i spent a 3 day reprieve out in the woods (froze my a** off too) and i had such terrible luck...
i found different kinds of roaches to use as feeders for a few days, i couldnt even find roly polys (arent those woodlice?)

and i had 2 other questions, but for the life of me, i can think of what they were...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help ID Surrendered Species   Help ID Surrendered Species - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Help ID Surrendered Species
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2