The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Emperor scorp hunting video

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
squids
Pandinus
squids

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Emperor scorp hunting video Empty
PostSubject: Emperor scorp hunting video   Emperor scorp hunting video Empty8/18/2010, 1:05 am

I made a quick video on my emps, I caught a wolf spider in my house decided to feed it to my emps. After the wolf spider saw the claws of the scorpions, he stopped moving, this continued for about 15 minutes before the scorpion finally decided to attack. I cut out this period of stalemate. The quality isn't great since I was filming behind glass(didn't want to disturb them), for more info, check the descriptions. Hope you guys enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5GoVaNkXz0
Back to top Go down
Ironskull
Pandinus

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorp hunting video   Emperor scorp hunting video Empty8/18/2010, 2:35 am

cool vid, literally 2 seconds after i finished watching i look up and see my own emp caught a moth, ( the lid wasn't on the tank the walls are like 2 and a half feet high so i only put it on occasionally) it was clearly a psychic hunt
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorp hunting video   Emperor scorp hunting video Empty8/18/2010, 2:39 am

Nice vid, I really enjoy watching my emps hunt. Their reaction time is insanely fast.
I also notice that often times my emp will "freeze" when the prey item stops moving. They're almost at a stand-still in which the next move of the prey will determine if it lives or dies lol
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorp hunting video   Emperor scorp hunting video Empty8/18/2010, 8:17 am

i dont think i could ever put a spider in my tank...
but its just because i dont want the spider anywhere near me, and im not touching or messing with a spider that is as big as my emps lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
squids
Pandinus
squids

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorp hunting video   Emperor scorp hunting video Empty8/19/2010, 1:30 am

So i have a question I'm itching to ask. I have a heating mat under the cage directly beneath my rock. IT dries up the substrate really fast and it becomes crumbly and yellow. Pouring water only works temporarily and I have to move the rock and disturb the scorps when I do that. I've heard that u can put the mat on the side, is that a good idea? I live in Seattle so the weather is pretty cold for emps and a heating pad is very important. Any and all suggestions are welcomed! btw I use coco fiber as my substrate.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorp hunting video   Emperor scorp hunting video Empty8/19/2010, 1:36 am

Yes, putting the mat on the side is the best idea. It can actually be harmful placing it on the bottom. If it gets too cold and the heat mat doesn't provide enough heat, you can also supplement it by getting a heat lamp with an infrared heat bulb. Some people use heat emitters too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorp hunting video   Emperor scorp hunting video Empty

Back to top Go down

Emperor scorp hunting video
Page 1 of 1