The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Desert Sp Thoughts and Recomendations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

Desert Sp Thoughts and Recomendations Empty
PostSubject: Desert Sp Thoughts and Recomendations   Desert Sp Thoughts and Recomendations Empty8/3/2010, 10:58 pm

So on another post I started talking about a desire for a possible 2nd species right off the jump and thought I'd move it here in hope that I could gather some more insight from other individuals.

I am curious about utilizing the 10 gallon aquarium that I didn't use for my current set up, as originally planned. I was toying with the idea of doing a dessert set up sometime in the nearer future.

Any recommendations for a noob on species? I am thinking it might be nice to have a medium sized species that would be communal and also may not mind running around with some live cacti or desert plants. Currently I have a set up for a couple of H. Spins I am still waiting to come in so if there is also a species that would eat the same size crickets it would be cool too.

I have been doing a little research and am leaning towards Hoffmannius spinigerus. I would kind of like a more active/aggressive species but don't really want one that have to worry about dropping my 4 year old kid. (I'm responsible, but when I was a kid, there wasn't anything I couldn't get into, locked or not, so I'm trying to be realistic)

Any insight, recommendations, thoughts or opinions would definitely be appreciated.
Back to top Go down

Desert Sp Thoughts and Recomendations
Page 1 of 1