The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

what instar is she?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
loki13
Pandinus
loki13

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-04-13

what instar is she? Empty
PostSubject: what instar is she?   what instar is she? Empty4/15/2010, 5:22 pm

hey guys how do you tell what instar a scorp is? i hear it all around the forum and was just wondering here is a pic of mine, what do you think she is? i was told she was 8 mos old...

what instar is she? 2010-013

what instar is she? Cage112

its a 25 gal tank if that helps determine size...

thanks =)
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: what instar is she?   what instar is she? Empty4/15/2010, 6:42 pm

If it is definitely a female then I would hazard a guess at 6i because she looks sub-adult and like she only has one more molt left.
Back to top Go down
loki13
Pandinus
loki13

PostSubject: Re: what instar is she?   what instar is she? Empty4/15/2010, 7:52 pm

binksyboy3 wrote:
If it is definitely a female then I would hazard a guess at 6i because she looks sub-adult and like she only has one more molt left.

really?! the guy at the shop where i got her said she was only 8 months old! is she still able to mate? because i want to get a male and breed a bit.
Back to top Go down
kayaket
Hadogenes
kayaket

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: what instar is she?   what instar is she? Empty4/15/2010, 8:46 pm

They must be adult before they can breed Smile
Back to top Go down
loki13
Pandinus
loki13

PostSubject: Re: what instar is she?   what instar is she? Empty4/15/2010, 9:47 pm

ok so she isnt at full adulthood then?
Back to top Go down
kayaket
Hadogenes
kayaket

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: what instar is she?   what instar is she? Empty4/15/2010, 10:30 pm

Right! Mine is a sub-adult too, I just call them teenagers! ROFL
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: what instar is she?   what instar is she? Empty4/16/2010, 3:54 am

They can only mate when they have fully matured, and as a result will have a red telson.

She could be 8 months old or could be older it just depends on how quickly the individual has grown dependant on conditions it was kep in previously and whether it was given regular food etc.

Some just like any animal grow quicker than others so it can just depend. I personally think he was just trying to get you to buy it because that emp would have had to molt like crazy Smile

I currently have a few females from my brood that are now approaching 5i out of 7 and they are just over a year old.
Back to top Go down
ggfred
Pandinus

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: what instar is she?   what instar is she? Empty4/16/2010, 6:43 am

Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure unless you had raised her from a baby. If only they had rings like the trunk of a tree that we could count. Smile Size isn't always an indicator, and a telson that you think is brown may not be all the way brown yet. I have had one that I was sure was an adult molt one more time. And the one that I have now that just molted yesterday might be done, but might not.

I agree with Binkys though, I am fairly certain that she is older than 8 months.
Back to top Go down
loki13
Pandinus
loki13

PostSubject: Re: what instar is she?   what instar is she? Empty4/16/2010, 9:02 am

ok cool thanks guys for all the info! its all really... well informative and helpfull and greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what instar is she?   what instar is she? Empty

Back to top Go down

what instar is she?
Page 1 of 1