The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Just got my EMP Yesterday

Go down 
+4
H. laoticus
Niekro
binksyboy3
akad3m1kz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
akad3m1kz
Pandinus

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty1/9/2010, 6:38 pm

Okay, so I finally decided get a scorp. My dad wasn't too happy. Moving on, she seems very calm, but doesn't seem to be moving alot. She tends to just stay in one spot. She's about four inches, I believe she's still pretty young based on the colour of her telson (white/yellow/cream). I tried feeding her a pinky but she refused to eat it. Based on what I have read on these forums, they usually take time to settle. I hope she is okay. I have yet to see her drink as well. Could this be signs of molting?

I've also handled her and placed her on my friend. I must say shes very calm, she moved around abit.

Just got my EMP Yesterday Snapsh10
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty1/9/2010, 7:24 pm

She has one or two molts left. Don't feed your scorps mice or other verts as they can be unnutrional and you would probably get guts and blood and stuff all over the enclosure.

Try and stick to crickets, locust, mealworms/superworms, roaches etc.

and welcome to the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
Niekro
Pandinus
Niekro

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty1/9/2010, 7:40 pm

I've had my emp for 39 days and have yet to see him drink.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty1/9/2010, 7:57 pm

give her a heat source, that tends to make them more active as they have slow metabolisms and such.
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty1/10/2010, 11:26 am

U just need to let her settle if you only got her the other day it takes a while, it took over a month for my emperors to eat when i first got them and god knows how long it took before i actually witnesed them drinking so dont worry just put food in twice a week and if its not eaten, take it out after 24 hours or so and just keep the waterdish topped up n ull be fine, also dont handle her too much cause it can stress her out and itll slow down the "settling in" process

And, depending on where u live, it would help to use a heat mat to keep her enclosure at about 30C-35C degress at the hot end and room temperature atthe cool end, that way if she gets too hot she can move to the cool end to cool down, and keep a hide in both the hot and cool areas so she has somewhere to hide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
akad3m1kz
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty1/10/2010, 3:54 pm

thanks for the advices.

will do, i guess ill have to get a bigger tank. im considering getting another emp(Male) just so she can have a mate.
Back to top Go down
gromgroms
Centruroides
gromgroms

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty1/11/2010, 12:23 am

make sure the "mate" is the same size, and dont expect them to instantly, or even ever, get along. just like us humans, they have personality and space issues, and sometimes they just dont like each other
Back to top Go down
Gnat
Centruroides
Gnat

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty1/11/2010, 5:00 am

ive had my first P. imperator almost a year and never seen it drink, once yours gets settled in, you will see it less, unless you are up at night to watch the cage in the dark. congrats on your new friend and i hope all goes well with it, just dont get discouraged if it doesnt eat or move alot, my oldest hasnt eaten in 2 monthes although food is offered once a week. my 2 do just fine on crickets and try not to handle it too much, it stresses them out although its hard when you get a new one. be mindfull of the pinchers, much worse than a sting in my experience. it will take you time to get used to its behaviors but all should be well, good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/gnat
akad3m1kz
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty1/11/2010, 7:23 pm

i think shes dead.. i came home today and she is not moving. i lifted her tail up and shes unresponsive. could she be molting? i also placed her on my hand hoping shed move. nothing..

i did this cuz i was changing tanks, i bought a male scorp this time so she can have company, only to find out shes dead(?)
Back to top Go down
gromgroms
Centruroides
gromgroms

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty1/11/2010, 8:28 pm

stop posting all over the place. that is considered spamming

edit: i sound mean, but im telling the truth.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty1/17/2010, 1:45 am

If her tail is laying flat out and no movement, she's probably dead.

Sorry, dude. That happens sometimes. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got my EMP Yesterday   Just got my EMP Yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

Just got my EMP Yesterday
Page 1 of 1