The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Euscorpius breeding advise ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty
PostSubject: Euscorpius breeding advise ?   Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty1/2/2010, 1:37 pm

Hey
I have a pair of Euscorpius italicus and I'm trying to get them to mate but my female isn't to fun of this idea.
Is there anything I could do, besides of the normale thing as to feed them well ?
Any suggest with Euscorpius spp. are very much welcome..Thanks
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius breeding advise ?   Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty1/2/2010, 2:15 pm

Remove both, change the hides and enclosure about and introduce them at the same time.

Make sure you have a flat surface in there like a piece of slate for example.
Back to top Go down
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius breeding advise ?   Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty1/2/2010, 11:47 pm

Hey

yeah thanks mate.Will try that next time.I was thinking about if they needs some periode of cooler temp like some others scorps do or if I will just have to be patient and just keep on trying.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius breeding advise ?   Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty1/3/2010, 12:11 am

Breeding my U. mordax took a long time and I eventually had to leave them overnight to finish it . . . if your female is like the girl in this vid, then mating probably won't happen.

Otherwise, if the male gives her a sexual sting, that should help things considerably. Another suggestion is to introduce the male to the female's enclosure so hopefully there's already some pheromones present.

(I'm aware that you're dealing with a different species, but Uroctonus are the closest things I have experience with.)
Back to top Go down
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius breeding advise ?   Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty1/3/2010, 7:54 am

Hey Mordax
I have put the male in the falamels enclosure (20x20cm) a couple of times but everytime the male reaches the female she gets real Evil or Very Mad so i have to separate them quick before one of them gets hurt.But i will try with a totally new setup and then put them both in at the same time.See if that will do it.Or else I will have to take the chance and let them be together for a couple of days.Is 20x20cm an ok size or should it be bigger if they are put together for a few days ?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius breeding advise ?   Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty1/3/2010, 3:52 pm

20x20 should be fine . . . but if the female's that aggro (anything like in my vid?) my guess is that either she's already gravid or your male is immature.

If your female is like the one in my video, I wouldn't advise putting them together unsupervised.
Back to top Go down
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius breeding advise ?   Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty1/6/2010, 4:39 pm

Hey Mordax

Sorry for the late answer..No its nothing like your female..There is no dancing or sweet talking Cool
I think the male is mature.He is bigger than the female and the telson is huge compared to the females.
I will give it time and see if things turn up better with them.I have at the moment only tryed a couple of times to mate them.I will try with a box and put them both in,the next time.Instead of putting the male in the females box.That isn't working.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius breeding advise ?   Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty1/7/2010, 10:57 am

Maybe your female is already gravid?
Back to top Go down
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius breeding advise ?   Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty1/7/2010, 1:24 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
Maybe your female is already gravid?
yes but I dont think so (will have to follow up on that)
I will try some more with them 'under observation' Nobody said it would be easy Laughing
I was just thinking if there was some trick I could do with them like a cooling periode (but thats mainly with desert sp,right?)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius breeding advise ?   Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty1/8/2010, 2:25 am

A cooling period might work - I've heard some people suggest it for temperate species during the winter, like putting them in a garage or refrigerator for a month or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius breeding advise ?   Euscorpius breeding advise ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Euscorpius breeding advise ?
Page 1 of 1