The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorp "stuck" in hide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cowin8579
Pandinus

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Scorp "stuck" in hide Empty
PostSubject: Scorp "stuck" in hide   Scorp "stuck" in hide Empty11/16/2009, 3:29 pm

Hello. I had two adult female B. jacksoni in an enclosure, and had placed a fake piece of wood in there for the scorpions to climb on. I hadn't noticed it before, but there was a hole on one side where they formed the piece. One of the females is way up in that fake piece of wood, I can't even see her. I turned it on it's side, and a half eaten roach fell out, so I am confident she is in the piece. I do not think I can safely break it. The other female was gravid, and I was afraid I was going to get babies everywhere etc so I removed her.

This scorp fed not that long ago, should I assume that one day she will just crawl out? That space probably feels like an ideal place to stay. Should I do anything so I can get her out and plug up the hole?
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Scorp "stuck" in hide   Scorp "stuck" in hide Empty11/16/2009, 5:09 pm

eerm, do you have a pic?

Also, if she managed to get in there, she is able to come out which she will do when she's ready. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark
Pandinus

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Scorp "stuck" in hide   Scorp "stuck" in hide Empty11/16/2009, 5:12 pm

binksyboy3 wrote:
Also, if she managed to get in there, she is able to come out which she will do when she's ready. Smile

I totally agree, don't try and force her out, or try to break the hide. You could damage or even kill the scorp. I'm sure she'll make her way out by herself. Check back every now and again, especially in the evening. She will come out in time Smile She's probably enjoying it in the tight space!
Back to top Go down
Cowin8579
Pandinus

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Scorp "stuck" in hide   Scorp "stuck" in hide Empty11/16/2009, 7:22 pm

I wouldn't do anything to hurt the animal. I will try and get a decent pic. I just looked in the hole, and I looked her right in the mouth haha. Probably the best thing I put in the container in her opinion. Smile
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Scorp "stuck" in hide   Scorp "stuck" in hide Empty11/17/2009, 3:21 am

Cowin8579 wrote:
Probably the best thing I put in the container in her opinion. Smile

Definately Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorp "stuck" in hide   Scorp "stuck" in hide Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorp "stuck" in hide
Page 1 of 1