The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

From an emperor.... what is the next step ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shinryuu
Hadogenes
Shinryuu

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-10-07

From an emperor.... what is the next step ? Empty
PostSubject: From an emperor.... what is the next step ?   From an emperor.... what is the next step ? Empty11/11/2009, 7:35 pm

I apologise for creating such a similar thread to my "2nd scorp" one...

What is usually reccomended as the step-up from the ever-popular emp ?

Is it a Hadogenes species ?

Hadrurus ?

Heterometrus ?

Something else ?

Just wondering. guys.

I may be able to handle a 2nd one... despite my recent "change of mind", but I'm more looking into something non-venomous like Mastigoproctus giganteus (Giant Vinegaroon).

Please, just share honest opinions.

And tho this isin't about scorpions.... what would be the step up for a Grammostola species of tarantula ?

Brachypelma ?

Avicularia ?

Chromatopelma ?

Something else ?

I won't be acquiring anything else still until spring hits, so I have plenty of time to consider my options.

Again, honest opinions.

Thanks, all.

-Luc
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: From an emperor.... what is the next step ?   From an emperor.... what is the next step ? Empty11/11/2009, 10:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Cowin8579
Pandinus

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: From an emperor.... what is the next step ?   From an emperor.... what is the next step ? Empty11/11/2009, 10:54 pm

lol. Keep it simple. Big or small, tropical or desert, what habitat will I have to create for it? What temp? etc etc

They all seem to cost about the same, younger and more fragile = cheaper.

Venom for scorps is judged 1-5. It is all in what you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
Shinryuu
Hadogenes
Shinryuu

PostSubject: Re: From an emperor.... what is the next step ?   From an emperor.... what is the next step ? Empty11/11/2009, 11:04 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/scorpions-in-general-f12/the-scorp-o-matic-choose-your-scorpion-wizard-t2198.htm

See if this helps. Very Happy

*facepalms*

Should've seen that coming ! Embarassed

I'm still definitely thinking of Hadrurus arizonensis as far as scorps go. But at one point, I did consider H. paucidens as my first invert... tho it was ridiculously overpriced at 75$ O.o

For tarantulas... I'm "on the fence" between B. smithi and C. cyaneopubescens (always gotta look that one up to not misspell it) >=(

Thanks anyways all... Guess I can still think about the many possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: From an emperor.... what is the next step ?   From an emperor.... what is the next step ? Empty11/12/2009, 12:29 am

I've never paid more than $18 for an Hadogenes. Razz

H. arizonensis are pretty fun. Fairly active and good feeders. If you're lucky they'll dig their burrows against the glass. Very Happy

C. cyanopubescens is the green-bottle blue, yes? I hear a lot of people touting that, and while they're beautiful, in my experience they web the living hell out of their enclosures and don't come out very often. B. smithi is big, beefy, and just kind of hangs out (and sometimes flicks hairs). The latter also has a fairly long lifespan.
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: From an emperor.... what is the next step ?   From an emperor.... what is the next step ? Empty11/13/2009, 4:34 am

Just make arrangements for a pet store or something like that just over the border to get what you want if you can't seem to get it in Canada. Pretty much anywhere in NB is close to the border, i know alot of my family is from the minto/fredricton area and the border was never more than a lil afternoon road trip.
Back to top Go down
Shinryuu
Hadogenes
Shinryuu

PostSubject: Re: From an emperor.... what is the next step ?   From an emperor.... what is the next step ? Empty11/15/2009, 2:09 pm

Urg...

I look too far ahead... I gotta stick with basic. So a vinegaroon is my next acquistion.

(Sorry, I have a bad habit of doing this.)
Back to top Go down
Cowin8579
Pandinus

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: From an emperor.... what is the next step ?   From an emperor.... what is the next step ? Empty11/16/2009, 3:17 pm

No need to limit yourself, I now have 11 scorpions... lol My landlord said no snakes, so I respected her wishes.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: From an emperor.... what is the next step ?   From an emperor.... what is the next step ? Empty11/16/2009, 5:10 pm

Cowin8579 wrote:
My landlord said no snakes, so I respected her wishes.

Razz nice move
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From an emperor.... what is the next step ?   From an emperor.... what is the next step ? Empty

Back to top Go down

From an emperor.... what is the next step ?
Page 1 of 1