The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Indian red scorpion.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Creepshow
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Indian red scorpion. Empty
PostSubject: Indian red scorpion.   Indian red scorpion. Empty11/11/2009, 12:02 am

Hey, everyone. New here, so go easy on me, if this is a dumb question...
Can anyone provide me with any info on Indian red scorpions (mesobuthus tamulus)? I've searched the web for nearly two hours and could not find any pages that would describe these in any way, let alone how to care for one. All i found was the scientific name and of pages about their venom studies. I just found a guy who has a couple of those for sale, but don't want to get them before i know how to care for them properly. The guy who has them doesn't know much himself, as it turned out. Right now they seem to be doing fine on sand substrate and room temps, feeding on crickets, but as for how big they get, if they're communal or not and all that lovely necessary stuff - zero... I couldn't even really find a picture of one, found couple, but they're just titled "Red scorpion", so i'm not even sure if it's the right scorpion.
If anyone knows anything about those - please let me know.

Last edited by Mr. Mordax on 11/11/2009, 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : language)
Back to top Go down
PatoLoco
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-11

Indian red scorpion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian red scorpion.   Indian red scorpion. Empty11/11/2009, 12:26 pm

If i'm not mistaking, Mesobuthus tamulus is no longer the correct name for this species. It is now called Hottentotta tamulus.

You might find more information if you search for Hottentotta tamulus!

Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down

Indian red scorpion.
Page 1 of 1