The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

different scorpions in one cage??

Go down 
+2
gramps
emperor2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
emperor2
Pandinus
emperor2

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-10-04

different scorpions in one cage?? Empty
PostSubject: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/22/2009, 1:38 pm

hello again. i was thinking about geting another scorpions but a different kind im not sure what kind yet because i only no where they sale empsss. is it ok to put other types of scorpions in with my emperors or is it not a good ideal my scorpions have not come out of there burrow in at least a week but they are alive so im trying to get a little more action out of these guys so thought of getting s new one...
Back to top Go down
gramps
Centruroides

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-07-16

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/22/2009, 3:05 pm

puting a communual sp together ie pandius imp with pandius imp is fine althought still frowned upon by some keeper because of cannablism, but most same sp barks do fine together,

but what you refer to is the differnt species? housed together

i have read of emps with asian forest together i belive its on youtube.

many people on here will tell you the same and that is to stay away from mixing difernt species.

regards sam
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lilgrandad
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/22/2009, 3:25 pm

Yep, like what has been said, it has been known for pandinus imp and heterometrus sp to be housed together, but i would strongly advise against this as it could cause a huge list of problems.

Just stay with the same sp in each tank. Make sure they are a communal sp if you put more than one scorp in your tank.

Hope this helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
emperor2
Pandinus
emperor2

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/22/2009, 10:16 pm

sweet then i will just get one with seperate tank thanks alot guys...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/22/2009, 11:42 pm

If you stick with emps, you can keep more than one in a tank together. They tend to be communal.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/23/2009, 1:10 am

Right now I am doing a communal setup with 2 Hets and an emperor. So far so good cyclops
Back to top Go down
emperor2
Pandinus
emperor2

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/23/2009, 5:47 pm

wow what are the most common scorpions at pet stores??
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/23/2009, 6:39 pm

Pandinus imperator
Hadogenes sp
Most have hadrurus arizonensis

Hoever, these are the most common in southern england.
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/23/2009, 7:43 pm

yea I would bet oregon has about the same selection as BC Canada which is usually
Pandinus imperator
Pandinus cavimanus
Hadrurus arizonensus
Hadogenes sp

Rarely will a pet store have a scorpion with venom over 1/5, think it's just common practice i think, but I bet you could try to get them ordered through some of them.
Back to top Go down
emperor2
Pandinus
emperor2

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/24/2009, 2:09 am

yeah i thought about looking online about how to order them but i didnt hav mutch luck. yet i hav not seen many different options at pet stores but portland only hase a few main stores that i have seen them just hav to keep on huntin... thanx.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/24/2009, 10:23 am

emperor2 wrote:
... thanx.

no worries
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/24/2009, 1:46 pm

Emperor2, I haven't seen much selection in Portland. Most stores just have emps (which are a pretty good starter species, and even a fun one for those of us that have been in the hobby a few years). Whatever you do, don't go to Scamps. They just let their animals die and leave the tanks on the shelf. Sad

There's a really good store in Newberg called Critter Cabana. They take good care of their animals and offer useful information on them, but I can't remember if they have scorpions besides emps. I seem to remember they have good tarantula selection. If you go there, it's on the one-way section of 99W that heads north, and on the right side of the street.

You'll also find a bunch of Petcos scattered around, but again, only emps. If you're lucky you'll get a miss-IDed Heterometrus.

In Corvallis there's a place called Animal House that's right on 99W (again on a one-way stretch, this time heading south). They usually have Hadogenes paucidens, I've bought an Heterometrus laoticus there once, and I've seen B. jacksoni in stock one time.

Or, if you're really adventurous, you can grab a blacklight and head out into the Coast Range (or the Cascades) and catch yourself some Uroctonus mordax. awesome
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/24/2009, 5:35 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
Or, if you're really adventurous, you can grab a blacklight and head out into the Coast Range (or the Cascades) and catch yourself some Uroctonus mordax. awesome

Emperor2: Do NOT get Mike started on Uroctonus Mordax whatever you do! Razz
Back to top Go down
emperor2
Pandinus
emperor2

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/24/2009, 7:07 pm

lol i will try not to. i was wondering if there was any where around to find them that doesnt seem to far for me but with the wife that may be a different story i will have to come up with another reason to go lol! that sounds good.

also is there something i can do to make my emps more active without pissing them off??? all they do is sleep and stay in their burrow they use to come out at night for the first week i had them but now its just nothing..
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/24/2009, 7:27 pm

^That's exactly what emps do. They're called "pet holes" for a reason. Razz

If you want them to be a bit more active then just keep them on the warm side (but not too hot -- I wouldn't recommend anything above 90 F).
Back to top Go down
emperor2
Pandinus
emperor2

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/24/2009, 8:25 pm

yeah i have a 5.2 gallon tank with cocoa bibre. the thermometer usually stayes between 75-81 degreese depending on room temp and a good 1/4 of the tank is the burrow allot of times they sleep on eachother very wierd cause their quite a bit of space in there for the both of them ok thanxxx..
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/24/2009, 9:11 pm

A 5-gallon tank is about right for two emps. I wouldn't add any more.
Back to top Go down
emperor2
Pandinus
emperor2

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty10/24/2009, 9:13 pm

sweet thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: different scorpions in one cage??   different scorpions in one cage?? Empty

Back to top Go down

different scorpions in one cage??
Page 1 of 1