The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Got C. Sculp babies!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thumpersalley
Hadogenes
thumpersalley

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Got C. Sculp babies! Empty
PostSubject: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/21/2009, 9:47 pm

Got my first babies. The mom came to me gravid & I have 3 others to expect. Ive seperated her into another enclosure & am reading everything I can find on care of her & babies. Kim
Back to top Go down
PaperTiger
Babycurus
PaperTiger

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/22/2009, 1:00 am

Where are the pictures please? Chin Scratch
Back to top Go down
TiTAN
Pandinus

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/22/2009, 1:01 am

Thats great! Congratulations! I too hope to become a parent someday Very Happy . Still waiting to find a male P. Imperator though hehe.
Back to top Go down
PaperTiger
Babycurus
PaperTiger

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/22/2009, 9:31 am

Possible future marketing of babies Chin Scratch
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/22/2009, 12:02 pm

Sweet! This is a species I've been looking to expand on. They key thing to remember is that they're not communal when young (only as adults).

Are your adults only females? I have two males if you'd like to arrange a trade. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thumpersalley
Hadogenes
thumpersalley

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/22/2009, 9:08 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
Sweet! This is a species I've been looking to expand on. They key thing to remember is that they're not communal when young (only as adults).

Are your adults only females? I have two males if you'd like to arrange a trade. Very Happy

We can do a trade. I would like mostly males or females in my community. So I was planning on keeping all of the gravid females out during & after birth into another anclosure until I stopped having births in the first one. Then only put in maybe 1-2 females or none at all. If you want, you can have the female I have now with a dozen or so babies on her back or look at my enclosure & see what other ones are females. I would even be ok with trades for other species. Let me know. Kim
Back to top Go down
TiTAN
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/22/2009, 11:51 pm

When I get some babies I will definately send one/some to you if you wish. Hell, depending on where your at in IL I might just deliver them myself lol.
Back to top Go down
PaperTiger
Babycurus
PaperTiger

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/23/2009, 12:05 am

If you could let me know, I at one time, was stationed at Fort Campbell so Kentucky is an old friend persay.
Back to top Go down
TiTAN
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/23/2009, 11:03 pm

I hail from round abouts Ballard county. I will hopefully get a male P. Imperator in a week or so. After that it`s a waiting game as I am not sure how old they must be to breed. Heck I don`t know how fast they grow! My oldest female is a 5i if that helps.
Back to top Go down
PaperTiger
Babycurus
PaperTiger

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/24/2009, 5:41 am

Thanks for responding "T". Usually on the P. Imperatos, you can tell their mature by the brown telson.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/24/2009, 9:06 am

Ok you two, this has wandered pretty far off from Kim's original posting about awesome scorp babies. Please take it to PM.
Back to top Go down
thumpersalley
Hadogenes
thumpersalley

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/24/2009, 11:30 am

I think its so funny, my threads almost always get hijacked. lol!

I end up getting the info I need anyways & I love the banter but Mod said go so thanks to everyone for answering my thread. Kim
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/24/2009, 11:23 pm

^It's always frustrating when that happens. I hate it when I realize I do it. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TiTAN
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/24/2009, 11:24 pm

Sorry for the hijack, I get carried away easily lol. About how big do C. Sculps get? Are they desert or tropical? I`m thinking of getting some of them. That or C. Vitattus.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/24/2009, 11:44 pm

Desert, bark scorpions, about 2" or so.
Back to top Go down
PaperTiger
Babycurus
PaperTiger

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/25/2009, 5:40 am

Centruroides vittatus: the adult scorpion is about 2 ½ inches long and sincere aplogees for the "hijack".
Back to top Go down
thumpersalley
Hadogenes
thumpersalley

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/25/2009, 10:00 am

No opology needed. I enjoy the replies, discussions & hijacking, lol. My questions & comments get answered in a completely different way & I learn something I hadnt planned on. Kim
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty8/25/2009, 10:55 am

^I suppose that works. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got C. Sculp babies!   Got C. Sculp babies! Empty

Back to top Go down

Got C. Sculp babies!
Page 1 of 1