The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask? Empty
PostSubject: How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask?   How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask? Empty8/21/2009, 2:00 am

Let me put it this way: I bought one in February of 2008. For the past sixish months, it's been really fat.

And now it just molted.

So, yeah, as much as a year and a half between molts, and it's still not as large as the only two females I've had give birth in my care.

Edit: thought I should clarify, it's V. spinigerus (or H. spinigerus, if you believe Soleglad and Fet).
Back to top Go down
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask?   How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask? Empty8/26/2009, 5:18 am

I am not sure how big they actually get...but i've one that got to just under 2" with tail in under 2 years (can't remember exactly how long it's been), but then for a while i wasn't keeping it that warm
Back to top Go down
Jorpion
Pandinus
Jorpion

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask?   How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask? Empty8/30/2009, 4:38 pm

My V. confusus gave birth to 2 sets of babies over 2 months ago. They are STILL small as hell. In comparison, I also had some C. sculpturatus give birth and those scorplings are twice their original size. So I guess they are a bit slow overall. Note that both species are under the same temperature/humidity conditions.

Jeff
Back to top Go down
scorponok
Pandinus
scorponok

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask?   How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask? Empty9/4/2009, 12:01 am

Wow that is a quite a wait.

This is by far my favorite sp. I have several of them. Perhaps the only sp i keep on top of my table near my bed. They are like my sleeping pills at night Smile

Most of them came from 2i-3i and in my experience approx about a year to adulthood. My temps are between 28-31c.

breakdown
2i-3i a month or less
3i-4i a month or less
4i-5i 2-3 months
5i-6i 2-3 months
6i-7i 2-4 months
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask?   How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask? Empty9/4/2009, 12:20 am

A year to adulthood? You must have yours a lot warmer than I keep mine. Razz (edit, just re-read your post; yeah, you do keep 'em warmer)

I still have around 60 or so 2I from a brood produced this summer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask?   How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask? Empty

Back to top Go down

How slow do Vaejovis grow, you ask?
Page 1 of 1