The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorpions and smoke

Go down 
+6
Rideon
RX8 TuRbo
scorpion111
lycanlord
*Connie*
2xw
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
2xw
Centruroides
2xw

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Scorpions and smoke Empty
PostSubject: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/4/2009, 2:59 pm

So, is anythin in tobacco smoke particularly dangerous to scorpions?
I can imagine to not be so good.....

but do they need a smokefree room?
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/4/2009, 6:10 pm

I dont smoke in the house so im sorry to say I cant answer that or havent observed anything
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/4/2009, 6:30 pm

well nicotine is an insecticide so its not really good for anything lol
Back to top Go down
2xw
Centruroides
2xw

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/4/2009, 8:22 pm

Nicotine is a herbicide too, but most of that is absorbed during the smoking process besides there being only trace amounts... i was kinda thinkin about the CO2 Wink
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/4/2009, 8:30 pm

they should be fine. I can't see it causing any major problems.
Back to top Go down
2xw
Centruroides
2xw

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/4/2009, 8:32 pm

aye. Im not worried... just interested.
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/4/2009, 9:26 pm

Ha, okay, i got first hand experience from this.

My friend had an emperor scorpion and bought it specifically to (explicit) around with it.... -.-

He took a huge Rip from his bong and blew smoke in a container with NO holes in it. while the Scorpion was in there.... But after an hour of him torturing this creature he gave up and threw it in a hamster tank and lit the whole place on fire with scorpion in it.

It went wrong from there, the scorpions sensory hair was lighting on fire while it was tgrying to find an escape. So i told him to take the fire out. So he did , and then he cut the tip of the telson barb so he doesnt get stung.. (yeah, this kid is REALLY physcho, sorta sick in the head..) and at the end of the night, he gave me the scorpion.. his words " yo take this, if i have this any longer im gna just kill it*"
Now till this day, the scorpion is As healthy as it can be, and grew all the sensory hairs back but not the tip of the tail, but it had babies and doing well Smile

But Back to Topic: The smoke didnt affect it at all to my observation. lols.
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 12:52 am

your friend sorry to say is a physcho... feel sorry for the scorp but luckily it survived the burning hell and the torturous maniac.. Had babies aswell.. damn.. shes an angel.. lucky you to have it...
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 4:54 am

^ ha yeah, im happy enough that he gave it to me to take care of after all that funked up crazy sheeet... even though the scorpion he gave me killed my male after mating, the female still served a person and now i have a nice healthy brood! Very Happy

yeahh, hes crazy, thats why hes in prison right now on Rikers Isl. serving time for some other crazy stufff. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 6:30 am

RX8, if it was me watchin him doin that even if he was my friend and even if i didnt keep scorps i would have booted his ass right up and down the street for that one likes, but anyways, about fag smoke n scorps, they can close up their book lungs if they sense poisonous gases and can stay liek that for quite a bit without harm, Emps can even stay under water for 3 days without drowning but spose thats cause of they absorb some oxygen from the water.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 7:18 am

2xw wrote:
Nicotine is a herbicide too, but most of that is absorbed during the smoking process besides there being only trace amounts... i was kinda thinkin about the CO2 Wink

Well there are around 4000 nasty chemicals in a fag lol, When I used to smoke I made sure that
I did it outside away from my inverts.
I mean Formaldehyde = Bad
Hydrogen Cyanide = Bad
Arsenic = Bad
The list goes on Razz
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 7:22 am

what i want to know is how come hteres like 4000 bad chemicals in a bloody plant, and if so how come it hasnt clothed the whole earth cause by the sounds of it its one beauty of a poisonous plant
Back to top Go down
2xw
Centruroides
2xw

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 9:23 am

You cant make clothes out of tabacco i dont thnk.

The chemicals are added by the companies that selll the cigarettes, to improve taste, add flavvour, steadier burn and easier to light etc.

Tobacco itself hardly has anythig in not even nicotine mostly.
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 9:24 am

damn companies, wonder if they should get done for genocide lol
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 10:43 am

^Don't blame the companies, blame the idiots that use their products. There've been warnings about smoking for YEARS.

As to the original question, it's almost as bad as asking "Is there anything in Raid that's particularly dangerous to hornets?"

And as to your friend, I was on the verge of asking about retroactive abortion until I read the post that he's in prison. Yay! cheers

(Once again, Mike is a jerk when posting before getting his coffee.)
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 10:57 am

Mike amsuses me before coffe awesome
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 11:39 am

*shocked* Your friend. I am so glad he is locked away from people and animals!
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 11:47 am

have to say i agree, that guy should rot...pretty sick stuff.
glad the scorpion is ok...
Back to top Go down
2xw
Centruroides
2xw

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 11:51 am

if he does that to animals cant imagine what he would do to a person that would piss him off.

Raid is synthetic though isnt it?

And yes, damn companies, but you cant rweally blame them if they have a market for it.

Btwnobody would have guessed but my other hobby is plants.
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 11:56 am

Mr. Mordax wrote:
^Don't blame the companies, blame the idiots that use their products. There've been warnings about smoking for YEARS.

Ahem who you callin an idiot lol

Scorpions and smoke Sdc12832o
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/5/2009, 12:44 pm

The-Scorp-Whisperer wrote:
Mr. Mordax wrote:

Ahem who you callin an idiot lol

Sure, why not?

[in jest -- I hereby declare so to clarify that I'm not breaking my own forum's rules of "no personal attacks" Razz]
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/6/2009, 12:37 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:

As to the original question, it's almost as bad as asking "Is there anything in Raid that's particularly dangerous to hornets?"

And as to your friend, I was on the verge of asking about retroactive abortion until I read the post that he's in prison. Yay! cheers
(Once again, Mike is a jerk when posting before getting his coffee.)

yeap. its called holdin up a Pharmacy store. -.-

lols, me and my friends that associated with him still joke about him, "he needed the meds".. XD

And wow, thats interesting fact, is that really possible for a scorpion to survive underwater for 3 days????? scratch

thats crazinessss. :HeathJoker:
Back to top Go down
2xw
Centruroides
2xw

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/6/2009, 4:34 pm

I read somewhere on this forum that the lungs of a scorpion are somewhat like a grill inside? isnt that like the inside of fish lungs/gills?
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/6/2009, 5:51 pm

My Emperor tank is right next to my computer desk on my dresser. I smoke a lot when I'm at the computer. I haven't noticed anything usual with their habits. They mostly stay inside of their hides and continue the role of a "pet hole." Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty8/6/2009, 10:25 pm

2xw wrote:
I read somewhere on this forum that the lungs of a scorpion are somewhat like a grill inside? isnt that like the inside of fish lungs/gills?

They're booklungs, each inside of a small chamber connected to the outside world by a spiracle -- the tissue is more like the pages of a book, and on one side is air while on the other side (the "pages") is hemolymph. Gas exchange occurs by simple diffusion into and out of the tissue.

So, if the spiracle were sealed, there would still be a lot of air in there to allow oxygen / carbon dioxide exchange for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions and smoke   Scorpions and smoke Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpions and smoke
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next