The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Escape-Proof housing for small hots

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
galaxy_junk
Pandinus

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Escape-Proof housing for small hots Empty
PostSubject: Escape-Proof housing for small hots   Escape-Proof housing for small hots Empty7/17/2009, 6:22 pm

I wanted to share the setup I use to house my small(about the size of a thumb nail) hot scorpions.

I take a normal plastic critter keeper that is about 5 inches tall. seen here:

Escape-Proof housing for small hots Setup113

I then cut a piece of vinyl screening to fit the top of the enclosure, seen here:

Escape-Proof housing for small hots Setup211

When I snap the plastic lid of the critter keeper on, it holds the screening tightly in place over the entire enclosure, creating a double-lid effect. Seen here:

Escape-Proof housing for small hots Setup311

The first layer of small mesh, should be fine enough to keep even small scorplings tightly sealed up.
Does anyone know of any flaws in this method? Anyone have any recommendations of there own in regards to creating escape proof caging for small hots??
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Escape-Proof housing for small hots   Escape-Proof housing for small hots Empty7/17/2009, 10:09 pm

I've seen similar containers for roaches where they nibbled through the screening to escape -- but I doubt a scorp could pull that off.

Edit: My own method of keeping tabs on them is either double-tanking (usually a couple of small KKs or delis within a lidded 10-gallon) or a good plastic vial with a secure lid.
Back to top Go down
mezzle992
Centruroides
mezzle992

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Escape-Proof housing for small hots   Escape-Proof housing for small hots Empty12/30/2010, 6:34 pm

ive seen an adult afs cut through a wire coat hanger but it would have to get to the mesh first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escape-Proof housing for small hots   Escape-Proof housing for small hots Empty

Back to top Go down

Escape-Proof housing for small hots
Page 1 of 1