The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Are scorpions disturbed by red heat lights?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
diabollicallycursed
Babycurus
diabollicallycursed

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Are scorpions disturbed by red heat lights? Empty
PostSubject: Are scorpions disturbed by red heat lights?   Are scorpions disturbed by red heat lights? Empty3/27/2009, 2:47 am

I recently read a study done where university students tested the use of 4 different lights on a several p.imperators . Two of those lights were red and green (the others being UV and normal 60 watt) the scorpions became very active when under the green light all day and all night and under the red light did not seem to notice it was even on they burrowed all day and came out at night like they normally would.
So does that mean that the red heat lamp would not bother my scorpions? Should I start using a heat lamp at all?
(I'll try and find the link)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Are scorpions disturbed by red heat lights?   Are scorpions disturbed by red heat lights? Empty3/27/2009, 3:06 am

Scorpions can't see red.

Heat lamps are not necessary (adhesive heating pads on the side don't dry out substrate nearly as much), but for the reason you found, red is a popular choice when they are used.
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Are scorpions disturbed by red heat lights?   Are scorpions disturbed by red heat lights? Empty3/27/2009, 5:49 am

I have some blue Lunar Link lights I've wired into the top of my future b. jacksoni enclosure. It looks really cool. I can't wait to see how they like it once they have molted to adults and I can start the communal tank. Does anyone else use any colors other than red...give us some reports Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are scorpions disturbed by red heat lights?   Are scorpions disturbed by red heat lights? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are scorpions disturbed by red heat lights?
Page 1 of 1