The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New babies from Mike

Go down 
+2
scorpion111
Rasputin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

New babies from Mike Empty
PostSubject: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/11/2009, 3:04 pm

My Uroctonus mordax scorplings came in today from Mr. Mordax (isn't it gonna be Dr. soon?). they're happy little buggers.

New babies from Mike 8626_view

New babies from Mike 8625_view

New babies from Mike 8624_view
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/11/2009, 3:34 pm

sweet little scorps ras. I'm surprised he let ANY go lol.
Back to top Go down
Deathstalker
Centruroides
Deathstalker

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/11/2009, 5:58 pm

they look stunning i want some lol!!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/11/2009, 8:31 pm

I'm glad to hear they arrived safe and sound. Very Happy Best of luck with them!

By the way, I wouldn't keep them together just yet, as I had some cannibalism when I left all my 2I in the same enclosure.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/11/2009, 8:41 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
By the way, I wouldn't keep them together just yet, as I had some cannibalism when I left all my 2I in the same enclosure.

remember the "Judaicus Manor" I had set up for all those H. judaicus that Fauxshow sent me? I used them again so these guys are separate - never fear, I didn't forget proper husbandry when I left the net.
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/11/2009, 9:56 pm

Grats Ras! I got mine today as well...active lil guys aren't they? Mine are all over their little containers...I'm gonna have fun with these guys. Let me know how you're keeping them. Mine are in tupperware containers with a stone in the middle for a scrape. Substrate is a mix of excavator clay30%/ sand 30%/coco fiber 40%. Temps are 80F and humidity is around 90% inside the container with the lid on. I know this is a bit warm for them, but it might help them mature a bit faster like the "hotbox" method Eddy describes. Thanks so much for these Mike...I see why you are so into these guys. I'm gonna go feed them and watch some more...later!
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/11/2009, 9:57 pm

The containers
New babies from Mike 03090912
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/11/2009, 11:42 pm

right now it's a mix of 2 different grinds of organic coco fiber. I need to sterilize another batch of my sand blend before I'm satisfied.

New babies from Mike 8636_view

this is what the manor looked like set up with my Hottentotta judaicus scorplings

New babies from Mike 2588_view
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/12/2009, 3:28 am

Those are great containers...what are they/were did ya get them?
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/12/2009, 3:48 am

Bayss wrote:
Those are great containers...what are they/were did ya get them?

they're stackable bead containers that you can find at hobby lobby in the jewelry isle. they're dirt cheap. I don't keep them stacked because I use the slots where the legs stack to drill the air holes
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

Number of posts : 662
Location : Sw. Georgia, Home of the Hentzi King and the C. hentzi army

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/12/2009, 8:18 pm

wo great new additions bro, lucky dawg...
I am looking forward on gettingf those at some point.

Those cubes sure do make great enclosures . I use them for my inverts as well, and they are CHEAP in cost.
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/13/2009, 12:30 am

I must look for some of those...my tupperware containers are ok, but I would really like something a) see-thru b) slightly smaller c) square instead of round. The name of the store is Hobby Lobby? Or would any craft place be likely to have 'em?
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/13/2009, 12:33 am

you could try any craft store - you could check out online craft stores too
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/13/2009, 12:41 am

On a side note...is that an Ibanez or Gibson ya have there Ras...or is that a Hamer! I can't see it well enough...we have another very important hobby in common...hence my screen name...I have a Spector and an Ibanez Soundgear run thru a SWR Super Redhead.

I'm gonna look for some of those boxes this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/13/2009, 12:54 am

Bayss wrote:
On a side note...is that an Ibanez or Gibson ya have there Ras...or is that a Hamer! I can't see it well enough...we have another very important hobby in common...hence my screen name...I have a Spector and an Ibanez Soundgear run thru a SWR Super Redhead.

I'm gonna look for some of those boxes this weekend.

I only use Ibanez basses and Gibson/Epiphone guitars - I prefer Ampeg and Crate amps but I'm dying to try a Blackheart. that pic of from a show in Louisville, KY a couple yrs ago, best show in 11yrs of playing live music.
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/13/2009, 5:32 am

Haha...I thought I might be right...so is that an Artcore...or whatever they are called? I played live for 6 years...best time of my life! Woo hoo...we've totally train wrecked our own thread Rockout
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/13/2009, 5:38 am

Bayss wrote:
Haha...I thought I might be right...so is that an Artcore...or whatever they are called? I played live for 6 years...best time of my life! Woo hoo...we've totally train wrecked our own thread Rockout

sod the thread, who was paying attention anyways? it's the GAXB150, by far one of the best basses I've played. there is a short scale Epiphone SG bass at this pawn shop the next town over I might pick up - simply because it's an SG
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/13/2009, 5:44 am

I played a SG bass once...get it...the bridge is killer and they are super thin tiny neck....exactly...pick it up...simply because its an SG. I also have 2 custom Warmoth 5 strings that I had alot of fun with. Nothing has beat my Spector. I would love to get a Warwick Thumb...but hard to justiy 3K now that I don't play out.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/13/2009, 5:48 am

Bayss wrote:
I played a SG bass once...get it...the bridge is killer and they are super thin tiny neck....exactly...pick it up...simply because its an SG. I also have 2 custom Warmoth 5 strings that I had alot of fun with. Nothing has beat my Spector. I would love to get a Warwick Thumb...but hard to justiy 3K now that I don't play out.

yeah, I have a hard time spending on music anymore. bought my first acoustic last summer and a pack of strings.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/13/2009, 10:57 am

Rasputin wrote:
sod the thread, who was paying attention anyways?

I was! Razz

You guys are making me wish I still had time to play . . . I used to love playing bass. Never got a chance to play with a band or anything, though . . . Sad
Back to top Go down
Deathstalker
Centruroides
Deathstalker

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty3/13/2009, 5:35 pm

those boxes look great! i use boxes that only cost £1.20 each and are big enough for most scorps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New babies from Mike   New babies from Mike Empty

Back to top Go down

New babies from Mike
Page 1 of 1