The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Meal/SuperWorms caresheet

Go down 
+2
Mr. Mordax
Kejser
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Meal/SuperWorms caresheet Empty
PostSubject: Meal/SuperWorms caresheet   Meal/SuperWorms caresheet Empty2/24/2008, 4:42 pm

Hey guys and girls

This will be a caresheet full of bad grammer and bad spelling but bare with me and you might learn something new here Very Happy
many ppl keep superworms and mealworms the same way and cant understand why they die, well here is a explantion on how to keep them both, and why they shouldnt be keept the same way Very Happy

Mealworms aka Tenebrio molitor

Well lets get this started, Mealworms should be keept in oatmeal or something like it, Fruit loops and stuff like that is not what i mean, but Oatmeal or Oats. The worms/bettels Tenebrio molitor was found in Oats and flour this might not make any sense now but when we get to Superworms it will Very Happy, the perfect temp for mealworms is 27c and should go below 19c but it takes longer for the worms to mature to bettles and eegs to hatch so keep them at 27c ish, they dont really need water so keep them dry in the container, now i said container i have to tell you that the container can not be a wooden box because these little ones can chew thouge wood and they will do it, but they will get they liquid from the food you give them. They injoy salads, bread, fruit, dog food ( the dry stuff, not porkbites in sauce ), fish flakes and stuff like that. unlike Superworms these guys can be cooled down to keep for a long time, they can survive for around 2 weeks at 8c but give them something to eat if you chil them. It takes around 6-7 weeks for a worm to become a bettle, then the bettle can live for 3 months and can produce around 150, from egg to worm is 5-7 days
so its a slow feeder but still a good one for smaller scorpions and stuff like that

now to Superworms

Superworms aka Zophobas atratus
Superworms is a forest worm that lives in the southen and middle america, it lives in the forest floor and there for needs soil to live in, unlike the Mealworm, see here is where most ppl kill they Meal/Superworms, Superworms cant be chilled, they will die unlike Mealworms. But back to caring for them
Superworms eat like Mealworms fruit, dog food and stuff like that, the same as Mealworms, they allso eat meat, so if you have a pinky or something they will eat that too, just wacth for mold. They are to be keept in moist soild around 27-29c max if you go high as 32c they will start to die and below 15-16c nothing happens, they dont molt or anything. they dont really need any light so a bedroller under the bed Very Happy whould be a ideal spot for them.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Meal/SuperWorms caresheet   Meal/SuperWorms caresheet Empty2/25/2008, 12:02 am

I know a grad student who kept the mealworms he was feeding to his study subjects on Total brand breakfast cereal. I keep mine on that and they do fine.

I've heard that superworms need to be separated if you want them to pupate.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Meal/SuperWorms caresheet   Meal/SuperWorms caresheet Empty2/25/2008, 3:14 pm

MOVED to feeder caresheets. Thanks a lot mate.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
fiend
Pandinus
fiend

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Meal/SuperWorms caresheet   Meal/SuperWorms caresheet Empty6/19/2008, 3:50 pm

i have mealworms(beetle stage) but i cant see them mate. i have sexed them(2 males+1 female)..what can i do to make the mate?(temp~29 C)
thx in advance
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Meal/SuperWorms caresheet   Meal/SuperWorms caresheet Empty6/19/2008, 6:40 pm

Just leave them be and let the magic happen. Wink

Starting with only three adults will take a LONG time to get a colony going.
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Meal/SuperWorms caresheet   Meal/SuperWorms caresheet Empty6/20/2008, 4:39 pm

use a piece of slightly damp cork bark full of holes
Back to top Go down
Birdy339
Centruroides
Birdy339

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Meal/SuperWorms caresheet   Meal/SuperWorms caresheet Empty12/14/2009, 1:48 pm

can you feed the beetles to the scorps?? or will they harm them?? thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meal/SuperWorms caresheet   Meal/SuperWorms caresheet Empty

Back to top Go down

Meal/SuperWorms caresheet
Page 1 of 1