The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be?   Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Empty1/25/2009, 2:23 pm

My wife gave me this self-assembled scorpion kit which I'm considering painting in adherence to the natural color scheme of a specific species.
Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Wooy_a10
The question is "what species?" and that's what I was hoping you guys could help me out with.

Well structurally it looks Buthid (thin elongated pedipalps and big tail segments), and so of course "which Buthid?" indeed.

Well the tail made me think Lieurus
Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Oculi10
but the problem was the carapace is pronouncedly huge and the claws aren't long and slender enough.
Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Pedira10
Any suggestions? If You guys like, you can vote for the species you would like it to be.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be?   Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Empty1/25/2009, 2:26 pm

androctonus Sp. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be?   Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Empty1/25/2009, 2:33 pm

The body shape actually reminds me of H. arizonensis -- the larger carapace, the medium-sized metasoma, and the chela aren't terribly slender.
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be?   Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Empty1/25/2009, 5:37 pm

Babycurus Jacksoni all the way...but I may be a tad biased. A big orange scorpion would look so cool Smile
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be?   Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Empty1/25/2009, 7:11 pm

Parabuthus
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be?   Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Empty1/26/2009, 1:48 am

Parabuthus deserves a proportionally gianormous metasoma.

Babycyrus would need that secondary bard to the oculus.

So far H. arizonensis seems promising or Androctonus (depending on which one; australis I suppose).

Nonetheless I'm also looking for a species strikingly/vividly marked/colored and if possible one that is rather obscure to science and hobbyists.

Thanks ppl, the suggestions have been really cool so far. Keep going.... I hope short-list suggestions down to 5 names.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be?   Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Empty1/26/2009, 12:26 pm

Hadrurus spadix's markings are a tad more vivid than H. arizonensis -- at least, there's more contrast between the carapace / mesosoma and appendages.
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be?   Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Empty1/28/2009, 12:03 am

H. Spadix would look cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be?   Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpion Scuplture ID: Which species shall I be?
Page 1 of 1