The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery! Empty
PostSubject: My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!   My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery! Empty1/13/2009, 1:23 pm

So on the 4th Jan 2008 (my birthday of all days) I discovered 4 Pandinus 4I babies dead. tails out. No response to touch. stone cold dead. Broke my little heart!
I Put them into a container with a plastic bag around it. I just didnt want to get rid of them. Im lazy and also I wasnt ready to let go of those from my first ever scorpling batch.

4 little ones in this plastic. on the side. no heat, no water, no food and no protection really from cats!

I go into the room yesterday on the 12th January 2008 and discover one of the bodies on the floor. squashed. I nor Adam have steped on a body. clearly a kitten or cat had dipped into the dish...played with the body and trod on it, thus squashing it into the floor. gross. scorpion juices.
I pick up its body, pick up the container and get ready to do the farewell and FLUSH...I sigh and BANG! two of them MOVE!!!!!!
They jump up alive, tails curl up!!!!

They were about to be flushed. they were stone cold dead!!!!!

I put them back into the tank. spray them and the tank all over again *I had just done so* and their tails curled up and they began walking around...not the smoothest of moves but MOVING! and go to the heat pad and I find all 7 cuddled together this morning!!!

I dont understand! How can I have 4 stone cold dead and then alive!

One is still in the dish plus the squashed one *it was late, I was in shock. I went to bed* and its hit me...the one of its back isnt decomposing!!!! I think it might be alive!!!
Im about to pop it back into the tank...unless it moved and the cats got it...wonder if that is what happened to the other one...but without that death visable on the floor for me to see, these ones wouldnt have been discovered alive.

Ive never heard of pandinus being DEAD and in a plastic container with a plastic bag to then come back to life again. im stunned.

Maybe they are ill? maybe this is why they all went down and nearly died. Maybe it wasnt the lack of humidity but infact maybe an illness...I didnt think scorpions could get ill!

Anyone know any info?

Any ideas?

Im still in shock!
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!   My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery! Empty1/13/2009, 1:32 pm

Shocked freaky!
shame about the squished one! those kittens! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!   My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery! Empty1/13/2009, 3:24 pm

I just dont understand how from the 4th to the 12th...basically dead and in a container with no airflow, no water, no heat how they just revived.
Im thinking an illness has got to them. some sort of illness that basically causes death like symptoms!

To just revive! and now ok but...a bit slow moving.

In the next few days im going to offer prekill to see if they want to feed but i think they just want to drink and be warm. all huddled together and drinking loads!
so much so reaching for the mist
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!   My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery! Empty1/13/2009, 3:37 pm

that is sooo wierd... and cool! your very lucky. I think from now on I'm gonna hang onto "dead" specimens for a few days just to be 100% sure.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!   My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery! Empty1/13/2009, 3:58 pm

I have done that before with many deaths, a JUST IN CASE situation but normally they begin to break down and then it is obvious.
I would say from now on with a tropical or desert scorpion, hold onto it.
These were tail out flat and i could touch all over, pick up, look at...heck even swing around if I wanted too...stone cold dead!
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!   My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery! Empty1/13/2009, 4:22 pm

think that scorpions dont use alot of air, and since we are talking a really hard to kill scorp iam not supprise they was fine in a small container, but B.jacksoni and some orther scorps do play dead from time to time, and i even picked up a couple of my B.jacksonis and Bang! alived and pissed off..
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!   My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery! Empty1/13/2009, 5:16 pm

but thats the thing, this is tropical scorpions and seriously, limp, tails out. touched all over and in a cold place for over a week when already presumed dead. its just a mystery.
Will wait and see if the one ive just put back in "comes to life"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!   My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery! Empty1/13/2009, 9:26 pm

I've never heard of them "playing" for that long -- I'd count yourself as lucky! I usually leave "deaths" for a day or two but then they start to stink (or they're already too dessicated in the case of my desert species). The one exception was my C-section attempt, but I think she would have come back to life if she were only playing.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!   My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery! Empty1/14/2009, 4:10 am

yeah ive never heard of playing for that long too. I think something did make them ill which made them shut down and yet somehow, in BAD conditions they came back to life. the one I put in last night still hasnt moved but im just going to leave it in there and wait and see since it hasnt begun to break down yet. Maybe it is alive but needs more time. Only time will tell...or unless it gets eaten!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!   My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery! Empty

Back to top Go down

My 4I Pandinus Imperator Mystery!
Page 1 of 1