The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

One of my emperors and corners

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-11-05

One of my emperors and corners Empty
PostSubject: One of my emperors and corners   One of my emperors and corners Empty11/9/2008, 10:45 am

This morning when I woke up and came to check on my scorpions, I found one of them in the corner of my aquarium. Usually, both come out at night, at the next morning I come to check on them, they are hidden. Both of them seem to try to climb out at night. I just find it strange that this morning he stayed out like this. Is there something wrong, I just changed the substrate to coco fibre yesterday. I just doesn't look like a "comfortable" position to stay in. [img]One of my emperors and corners Dscf1310[/img]
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: One of my emperors and corners   One of my emperors and corners Empty11/9/2008, 10:46 am

Dude i have found one of my Heterometrus hanging upside down from the air vents in his home.. trust me they can be really weird sometimes..
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: One of my emperors and corners   One of my emperors and corners Empty11/9/2008, 10:48 am

It's just that usually in the morning he's hiding that's what I found weird.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: One of my emperors and corners   One of my emperors and corners Empty11/9/2008, 11:34 am

probably just exploring. Smile

or mabye he just isn't used to the sudden change of substrate, give him time.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: One of my emperors and corners   One of my emperors and corners Empty11/9/2008, 1:32 pm

Scorps are weird; I come into the bug room at night and see my U. mordax in the exact same position -- some just forget to go back to their burrow during the day. Smile

Good job on changing the substrate. Looks much better now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chevy_power427
Centruroides
chevy_power427

PostSubject: Re: One of my emperors and corners   One of my emperors and corners Empty11/9/2008, 5:13 pm

Thanks! Came to check back on the lil guy, and he's still in his corner. He seems ok, I just got worried maybe, I'll get used to them soon, it's been only a week I got them.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: One of my emperors and corners   One of my emperors and corners Empty11/9/2008, 5:30 pm

Emperors are the rose-hairs of the scorpion world, and rose-hairs are the class clowns of the tarantula world.

They're just plain weird, and weirdness is very unsettling to the novice keeper.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: One of my emperors and corners   One of my emperors and corners Empty11/11/2008, 4:12 am

my pandinus cavimanus used to do that ALL the time. Nothing wrong...they are just being strange
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of my emperors and corners   One of my emperors and corners Empty

Back to top Go down

One of my emperors and corners
Page 1 of 1