The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Are Ceramic heaters good?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Are Ceramic heaters good? Empty
PostSubject: Are Ceramic heaters good?   Are Ceramic heaters good? Empty10/19/2008, 12:34 am

Is it true they last a long time?
Are they worth the cost?
Someone please reply before tomorrow
-crosses gingers-
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Are Ceramic heaters good?   Are Ceramic heaters good? Empty10/19/2008, 1:00 am

If this is the little one with the fan, they make stuff REALLY dry and have a nasty dusty smell to them.

Lori and I use a radiator -- it's quiet and doesn't dry out the air as bad.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834

PostSubject: Re: Are Ceramic heaters good?   Are Ceramic heaters good? Empty10/19/2008, 2:36 am

No, its the one that are like light bulbs.

I already ahve the fan ones.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Are Ceramic heaters good?   Are Ceramic heaters good? Empty10/19/2008, 2:53 am

Oh, those ones. They're nice and toasty. Don't know how long they last, but if your critter needs basking, it's probably better to use visible light. (We had one but bought a basking lamp for our skink 'cause he needed the light, but if it's inverts you're warming, it should be fine -- combine it with a thermostat and it won't keep you up at night Very Happy.)
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472

PostSubject: Re: Are Ceramic heaters good?   Are Ceramic heaters good? Empty10/19/2008, 4:59 pm

They work really well. And last a very long time. It's all i use I hate lights.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Are Ceramic heaters good?   Are Ceramic heaters good? Empty12/31/2008, 3:58 am

I am wondering what wattage would be good for a tank that is 24L x 12.5W x 13H...a 15 gal. long. Also can you use ceramic heat emitters with an acrylic aquarium...or is that just a good way to make an abstract shaped scorpion tank?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Are Ceramic heaters good?   Are Ceramic heaters good? Empty12/31/2008, 1:19 pm

On an acrylic tank, it probably would end with a bad example of modern art.
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: Are Ceramic heaters good?   Are Ceramic heaters good? Empty1/14/2009, 3:12 am

Ok I got my tank today. Its a 20gal. high...24l x 12w x 16h. Gave up on the acrylic and went glass. I also got a metal screen top and a hood with the tube light...I'm going to have some live plants. I will put the flourescent tube on only 6 hours for the plants. I know these are not so good for the scorpions but I'm hoping they will hide out for the 6 hours during the day (planning on it being a B. Jacksoni commune) Then...using the Lunar Links with blue LEDs for night time viewing. No heat from those. I have a 8 watt UTH which will go on the side and stay on all the time. I keep my room about 75 degrees...sooo , if the temp will get into the 80s that way I'm fine. Now for the thread part. If the internal temp won't get to 80-85 I'm planning on a 100w ceramic heat emitter on a dimmer clamp lamp. Question is...Can I use the ceramic bulb at a down angle on the side of the tank next to the glass...or is it better to put it on the screen top facing straight down on one side? Whew...did I mention that its gonna have a false bottom for humidity...lol. I really want to do this right. Thanks for any input guys...I have really enjoyed reading your posts bounce
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: Are Ceramic heaters good?   Are Ceramic heaters good? Empty1/14/2009, 3:14 am

I know, I know...I just hate how the red lights looks...of course that would have been the easiest way bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Ceramic heaters good?   Are Ceramic heaters good? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are Ceramic heaters good?
Page 1 of 1