The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Lump on malaysian earth tiger

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Lump on malaysian earth tiger Empty
PostSubject: Lump on malaysian earth tiger   Lump on malaysian earth tiger Empty8/14/2008, 6:53 pm

during the feeding session tonight we noticed that the tarantula has a lump on its abdomen. my hubby is worried to say the least. Does anyone have any idea's? As you can see its still hungry coz it's caught a cricket with ease.
Sorry for the blur i didn't have chance to set up the tripod for a still shot. its shy at the best of times

Lump on malaysian earth tiger DSCF3915
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Lump on malaysian earth tiger   Lump on malaysian earth tiger Empty8/14/2008, 7:10 pm

pic isn't very clear, but is it like a big cyst?

mabye it is from a mite... or an infected wound?

or it chafed it of something?
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Lump on malaysian earth tiger   Lump on malaysian earth tiger Empty8/14/2008, 7:46 pm

well its was rehoused less than a week ago and we microwaved the substrate, so unlikely to be mites.

best way i can think of describing it, is that it is like when you get a blister.

Possibly chafed itself.

Our stigg wanted to know is it going to be detrimental to the T. or will it sort itself out? Obviously we will keep a watch for it getting lethargic etc.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Lump on malaysian earth tiger   Lump on malaysian earth tiger Empty8/14/2008, 8:49 pm

i don't really know. i don't think it will kill it or anything.

well i hope not!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Lump on malaysian earth tiger   Lump on malaysian earth tiger Empty8/15/2008, 10:03 am

Keep an eye on it and see what happens. I saw an albo once that had what I would describe as calluses on its underside from living in too rough of a substrate.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Lump on malaysian earth tiger   Lump on malaysian earth tiger Empty8/15/2008, 11:58 am

cheers for the info. we remembered this morning that when we re-housed the T is made a leap of faith of about 2 feet to the floor. will probably have something to do with it! We'll keep a close eye on it hopefully it will heal. but its active and hungry enough so hopefully we got away with the mishap !!!
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Lump on malaysian earth tiger   Lump on malaysian earth tiger Empty8/15/2008, 12:39 pm

I hope it will be ok!!!
Fingers crossed that it 100% heals and gets better.
Its a good sign that its feeding and active
xxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Lump on malaysian earth tiger   Lump on malaysian earth tiger Empty8/16/2008, 2:02 pm

yeah its going on a diet for next few weeks so as not to cause unnecessary pressure inside the abdomen and hopefully help it heal. It basically a tarantula bruise!

From the comments received on BTS we will have to pay careful attention when it next sheds because that area is going to be prone to sticking.

Of all the T's this had to happen to as well, this is my hubbys pride n joy out of all the T's we have!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lump on malaysian earth tiger   Lump on malaysian earth tiger Empty

Back to top Go down

Lump on malaysian earth tiger
Page 1 of 1