The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

umm ok!! read this

Go down 
+5
lycanlord
electrophyste
~Abyss~
nymphetaminion
venomous
9 posters
AuthorMessage
venomous
Hadogenes
venomous

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-07-21

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/12/2008, 9:13 pm

my newest emp is a little to nice when ever i hold him he just walks around my hand he lets me pet him and i even wash him water and he does not care but hes very active and alert and healthy and hes not sick why is he so nice?
Back to top Go down
nymphetaminion
Tityus
nymphetaminion

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2008-02-06

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/12/2008, 9:18 pm

Cause he is?...some emps are tamer than others...you can never predict what a scorpion will do so even thought he lets you pet him..be careful cause you never know when he might want to sting your finger.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/12/2008, 9:20 pm

HE'll probabably pinch before he stings. Emps are sold as emps because of how docile they are but occasionally you get one with attitude.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/12/2008, 9:21 pm

Wholly man i wouldn't be wondering why id just be super excited hes like that mine even lays there tails flat out when there on my palm and spin to try to sting my finger.
Back to top Go down
venomous
Hadogenes
venomous

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/12/2008, 9:24 pm

ok that seems to make sense
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/12/2008, 10:12 pm

haha i have one of the most aggressive emps ever i may make a lil video to show you guys, hes a big scorpion trapped in a lil ones body
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/13/2008, 10:51 am

it would be cool to have an emp like that. mine goes into defensive position every time i lift the lid.

and remember, try not to handle him too much.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/13/2008, 1:43 pm

dont over handle your scorpion. As much as he is allowing you to, they dont actually "enjoy" it. he could actually be quite stunned when you stroke him?

But you never know when it will be one "pet" too much and before you know it you have a bleeding finger from a nasty pinch!
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
venomous
Hadogenes
venomous

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/13/2008, 1:56 pm

thats the thing when he pinches me its like hes not trying to hurt me because he doesn't really pinch? its just like hes holding my finger? and then he lays his body on my hand for warmth... and he gets like all cozy and snuggled up then he does the snuggle thing again and as long as i don't pet him over his eyes he seems not to care..
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/13/2008, 2:04 pm

well it surely is interesting. But I dont know what to make of it. because these arent kittens to pet and cuddle yet this one is allowing you to hold and...yeah.
I dont know. I dont know why he/she is allowing you to do this. I guess you are just "lucky"
xxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
venomous
Hadogenes
venomous

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/13/2008, 2:50 pm

i would say so
Back to top Go down
nymphetaminion
Tityus
nymphetaminion

Number of posts : 668

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/13/2008, 2:59 pm

Like everybody said..limit yourself to the petting\handling...not because he doesnt do a thing that he's liking it...just be careful...im sure you want your scorp to live a nice long life Smile
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/13/2008, 3:06 pm

Its easy.. well you provide a humid, soft and warm place for him to rest on.. and Emps are what emps are, some times they dont have a care in the world.. i have seen emps walk around with cricket/roaches on they head, covering they upper eyes, they dont care.. and the finger clamping thingie is to test what it is he got his "hands" on.. i see it all the time when i use forceps to feed with.. they give it a little pincth then Aha! food ! and clamp!!! death lock Very Happy

You can take most scorps and put them in your hand, then take your orther hand and put over to make a dome.. then most scorps will quickly stop moving and just stay there or lye down..
Back to top Go down
venomous
Hadogenes
venomous

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/13/2008, 3:47 pm

yeah i like to make a cave for him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/13/2008, 3:48 pm

has he dug any of his own burrows yet?
Back to top Go down
ManicDan
Centruroides
ManicDan

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2008-05-07

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty8/17/2008, 12:06 pm

I love it when scorpions give the little test squeeze when handling... its like a little hug!! Squeeze squeeze!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

umm ok!! read this Empty
PostSubject: Re: umm ok!! read this   umm ok!! read this Empty

Back to top Go down

umm ok!! read this
Page 1 of 1