The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.

Go down 
+3
_scorpio_
lycanlord
LadyRiotControl
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/6/2008, 10:18 pm

hmm, wel hopefuly you will find, breed, and supply them
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/7/2008, 4:39 pm

After the information we have collected over last few days lycan, with a bit of patience we should be able to get them going in captivity... the boffins did so im sure a handful of enthusiasts can! Should make for an interesting blog thread anyway. The E.Flavi diary's lol!
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/7/2008, 4:49 pm

if you get them breeding well could you release them into the wild to boost the population and hopefully get them to move out of the walls and populate other areas and hopefully raise awareness
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/7/2008, 5:26 pm

no unfortunately not, the reson they have stayed put is because it is too humid elsewhere, it would be great to do but cant unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/7/2008, 5:39 pm

Well i'll defo be having a go at breeding them, like a challenge!
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/7/2008, 6:17 pm

i will be aswell, im sure between anyone who goes we will manage to get them breeding, obviously with help from each other Razz
Back to top Go down
_Nagash_
Centruroides
_Nagash_

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/8/2008, 9:49 am

Good luck hunting!
Some friends of mine hunted for scorps in Corfu a month ago. They came back with about 30 scorpions,3 wolf spiders(Lycosa sp.) and 2 scolopendras. The most of them are probably Euscorpius flavicaudis. Two gave birth yesterday Smile

They found almost all of them from 05.30am and until about 10.00m I think.

Regards
Robin
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/8/2008, 10:00 am

to breed them we will need atleast 1 female [i wanna breed them too Very Happy ] and probably 2 males (incase the female kills one for some reason) each.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/8/2008, 10:25 am

she shouldnt kill them aslong as a close eye is kept on them, no putting kids to bed excuses *cough* LISA*cough*
Back to top Go down
_Nagash_
Centruroides
_Nagash_

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/8/2008, 11:19 am

British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 DSC_0149august072008

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/8/2008, 5:25 pm

its a real pretty scorp. if you do catch some could you send some my way? Razz
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/9/2008, 10:37 am

lycanlord19 wrote:
she shouldnt kill them aslong as a close eye is kept on them, no putting kids to bed excuses *cough* LISA*cough*

Ya know you're a cheeky person lycan! Im not a single parent anymore so that shouldn't be a problem.

(scorpoin111) And yeah If we can see enough specimens I dont see why one of us couldn't send some to you.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/9/2008, 11:17 am

LadyRiotControl wrote:
Ya know you're a cheeky person lycan! Im not a single parent anymore so that shouldn't be a problem.

yeah but i can get away with it cuz you font know where i live mwahaha!
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/9/2008, 12:53 pm

yorkshire?
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/9/2008, 1:05 pm

well yeah ofcourse she and everyone else who looks knows that much, i was thinking in terms of street house you know a lil more specific basically lol
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/9/2008, 2:14 pm

hehehe! AARRGGH you'll know where i live at the end of the month... RUN AWAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/9/2008, 2:52 pm

yeah mofo lol oooh its the first unofficial sf uk meet up haha will have to get pics and everything lmao
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty8/9/2008, 4:13 pm

hehehe!
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty9/30/2008, 7:13 pm

just an update.

I have emailed the local authority to find out the legal standing of these scorpions. At the end of the day we dont want to get prosecuted through ignorance of taking them out of the wild.

But I think with the ongoing renovations to the walls they inhabit they are unlikely to be protected... otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

Best to play safe I think Smile
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty9/30/2008, 7:59 pm

yeah i think i found a peice of info somewhere saying that the government refuses to protect them because they are not technically a uk species
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty10/1/2008, 4:14 am

Aye I remember you saying.If you have a spare 5 mins and can find that again & post link that would be great... just in case the local authority dont get back to me Smile

Them we can print it off before we go, take it with us and if any 'official' comes along we have something to cover ourselfves
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty10/1/2008, 8:18 am

ill tyr find it again later today,
i may have bookmarked it i bookmarked alot of the information that we found
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty10/1/2008, 8:24 am

ok so this is what i found

As mentioned earlier, E. flavicaudis has been introduced to Southern England by human activities. The first reports of these scorpions can be seen around the 18 th. century, and the scorpions have survived since then. The survival of E. flavicaudis in England is thanks to the species ability to adapt to a life in the cracks and crevices of the old brick buildings in some ports of southern England. Five different colonies are known, but some of these might be extinct now. I've been told that many of the buildings where the scorpions live are being renovated, and this means that the cracks and crevices needed for the scorpions to survive will disappear (R. Gabriel, pers. comm.). I fear that the unique scorpion population of England might disappear in the near future, unless it gets protected (this will probably not happen, because the scorpions are classified as alien species to the UK fauna).

maybe this R.Gabriel would be worth trying to find? lol

oh and that extract came from here click

so to me that would mean they arent protected im sure i found something more official regarding the protection status of them
i will keep looking and post anything i find
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty10/1/2008, 9:48 am

i've emailed the BAS as well to be one the safe side, you know what councils are like for getting back to you on unusual matters. they tend to ignore you lol!
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty10/1/2008, 9:56 am

haha that is very true
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.   British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

British meet up weekend... some reading info if interested.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next