The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?

Go down 
+8
bjaeger
_Nagash_
LadyRiotControl
scorpion111
wburke17
Athlon2k2
Mr. Mordax
Venom
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty
PostSubject: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/1/2008, 3:08 pm

I've only had adults for a while and they where awesome, but bein adults it meant they where in their last months of life. And my adults die quickly, especially the centruroides.

Now I have a couple slings and I am likign them more, they look funny stinging fruitflys, like mini adults, they are very unconsuming when it comes to space, you can keep more.

so you?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/1/2008, 3:13 pm

Slings are awesome. You've got them longer (assuming nothing goes wrong), you can watch them grow, and you have a chance to breed them eventually.
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/1/2008, 4:25 pm

I like both. Slings are cool to watch grow, but adults provide babies and are better eye candy.
Back to top Go down
wburke17
Babycurus
wburke17

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/1/2008, 4:29 pm

I like them somewhere in the middle. I have trouble w/ 2i-3i for some reason but once they are around 4i and above theyare alot easier for me
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/1/2008, 4:40 pm

i think both are great. slings are cute, adults are pretty.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/1/2008, 5:48 pm

Personally i find I prefer slings for the satisfaction of watching them grow, but on the other hand full or sub adults always look pretty impressive and opportunity to breed.
Back to top Go down
_Nagash_
Centruroides
_Nagash_

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/1/2008, 7:55 pm

I have most of my experience from the tarantula part of the hobby, but I prefer adults.
The reason is that you can easier manage more animals before it takes to much of your time. I will keep mainly to Poecilotheria,Ephebopus and true spiders, and instead try to gather as many Androvtonus species I can. Hard to just stick to Androctonus thou... Razz
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/1/2008, 8:50 pm

IHeartMantids wrote:
Slings are awesome. You've got them longer (assuming nothing goes wrong), you can watch them grow, and you have a chance to breed them eventually.
I'm with Mike on this one Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/2/2008, 1:36 am

Although, I suppose it's nice when you can risk not feeding your collection for a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/2/2008, 3:24 am

watching them grow from slings to adults is great! but sometimes its nice to have fully working adults! No risk of moulting and deaths though moulting etc
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Scorpis
Babycurus
Scorpis

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/2/2008, 11:03 am

I prefer both, its funny to watch them grow up, and funny to have adults! Smile
I think the funnyest part is finding freshly molted scorps What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? 129887
Back to top Go down
nymphetaminion
Tityus
nymphetaminion

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/2/2008, 12:38 pm

I'd rather keep slings...watch em grow from small to big Very Happy
Back to top Go down
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty8/14/2008, 6:45 am

slings are great...but i've had terrible luck, probably based on inexperience, and lost most scorplings i've had...i have 3 at the moment, a tiny V spinigerus, even smaller H madraspatensis, and a very young P imperator...if i can keep them going (so far so good), i'll probably be brave enough to get more...
in general, since i've been raising tarantula spiderlings quite successfully (far better luck with them!), i do prefer the younger ones, cause you get the joy and satisfaction of watching them grow and change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?   What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you prefer to keep? Slings or Adults?
Page 1 of 1