The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Dune scorpion, molting or dead?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tas413
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-08-01

Dune scorpion, molting or dead? Empty
PostSubject: Dune scorpion, molting or dead?   Dune scorpion, molting or dead? Empty1/3/2016, 9:31 am

I'll try to keep this as simple as I can be. I got a little Dune scorpion (at least that's what I was told it's called) 2 weeks ago, I think the person I got him from said he's a couple of months or maybe a year old. Last night I noticed that it's tail was up by his mouth so I assumed he was cleaning himself. About 6 hours later I woke up and saw him in the corner of the tank with his legs and claws limp and spread apart, his tail was also kind of limp but it was resting at his side, I wasn't sure if he was molting or dead but I didn't move him just encase he was molting (I didn't want to disturb the molt). This morning when I woke up again he was sitting in the center of the tank with his legs and claws still spread apart and his tail still limp at his side, so I watched him for a bit and he brought his tail in front of his face and used it to turn himself, he hasn't moved since about an hour now and I still don't know if he's dying/dead or molting. I've had scorpions before but I've never seen them molt (I would just find the molt later) so I'm not exactly new to scorpions (but also not very experienced).

EDIT: Now I know, he's dead, his tail is completely limp and laying back now. He was just running around yesterday then dropped, I'd still like to know what happened if anyone knows please tell me.

I don't know if the thread needs to be moved or deleted or whatever now...
Back to top Go down
Ranchibi
Pandinus

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Dune scorpion, molting or dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dune scorpion, molting or dead?   Dune scorpion, molting or dead? Empty1/5/2016, 10:05 pm

I'm sorry for the loss....it was probably just natural causes...
Back to top Go down

Dune scorpion, molting or dead?
Page 1 of 1