The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Feeding my scorpion.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalavera
Pandinus
Kalavera

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-02-14

Feeding my scorpion.  Empty
PostSubject: Feeding my scorpion.    Feeding my scorpion.  Empty2/14/2015, 5:12 pm

Just got a Florida bark scorpion. I have its enclosure all set up but im kinda iffy about feeding it in there since it has alot of room for the feeders to hide . I put it in a small container and threw a cricket but Its been hanging on to it for a while now, obviously it takes a while for it to finish eating. Should I be worried about having tiny dubia's hiding around in the enclosure or is it pretty good at hunting them down?
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Feeding my scorpion.    Feeding my scorpion.  Empty2/14/2015, 6:47 pm

bark scorps in enclosures would normally forage for prey in the substrate at night then get back up once they've captured prey. Dubias rarely move though the slightest movement will give them away as food
Back to top Go down
Kalavera
Pandinus
Kalavera

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Feeding my scorpion.    Feeding my scorpion.  Empty2/16/2015, 7:26 pm

Alright so would you suggest tossing 2 or 3 into the enclosure when its feeding time?
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Feeding my scorpion.    Feeding my scorpion.  Empty2/17/2015, 3:43 pm

Most would. Depending on the keepers feeding preference. I usually just give what my scorp can eat. I toss one in, after it finishes i toss another one in. If it doesn't eat anymore i'll take the feeders out and feed again after a couple of days. No need to do put a lot of feeders in. Only stresses the scorp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeding my scorpion.    Feeding my scorpion.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeding my scorpion.
Page 1 of 1