The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
spiniferowner
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-03-15

Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question Empty
PostSubject: Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question   Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question Empty3/15/2014, 2:44 pm

Hi!
My 3 instar Spinifer (so now 4) molted yesterday. The molting was successful, but he stayed at his hiding place with his exoskeleton. Should I remove it by pulling it away, taking the risk the scorpion can be injured, or just leave it there to the first time he comes out?
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question   Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question Empty3/16/2014, 10:53 am

Hi, welcome to the forum  Smile .

Leave the exuviae with the scorpion until it has hardened up and started normal activity again to avoid disturbing or damaging the scorpion whilst it is in its soft, fragile post moult stage.

Back to top Go down
spiniferowner
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question   Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question Empty3/16/2014, 9:33 pm

Uhm, I already pulled it out... very gently ofc, the scorpion seems unharmed and healthy. I was afraid it will start to rot. But thank you the advice, next time I will be smarter :-)
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question   Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question Empty3/17/2014, 2:47 am

No harm done  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question   Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Heterometrus Spinifer - Molting Question
Page 1 of 1