The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Heterometrus petersii

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EmielVrolijk
Pandinus
EmielVrolijk

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Heterometrus petersii Empty
PostSubject: Heterometrus petersii   Heterometrus petersii Empty2/13/2014, 9:39 am

Though I've only just begun keeping a scorpion, I thought it useful to calculate the climate averages of the entire region where this species lives (Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and the Philippines), so one could mimic the exact conditions of their natural biotope.

Month       Daytime Temp.        Night Temp.        Hours of Daylight         Humidity (1 to 5) **
Jan           27.5 C/81.5F          20 C/68F *          11                            2
Feb           28.5 C/83.3F          20 C/68F *          11.5                         2
Mar           30.5 C/86.9F          21 C/69.8F          12                            2
Apr           33 C/91.4F             23 C/73.4F          12.5                         2
May          33 C/91.4F             24 C/75.2F          12.5                         3
Jun           32 C/89.6F             25 C/77F             12.5                         4
Jul            32 C/89.6F             24.5 C/76.1F        12.5                         5
Aug          31 C/87.8F             24.5 C/76.1F        12.5                         5
Sep          30 C/86F                24 C/75.2 F         12                            4
Oct          30 C/86F                22.5 C/72.5 F       12                           3
Nov          29 C/84.2F             20.5 C/68.9F        11                           2
Dec          27.5 C/81.5F           20 C/68F *          10.5                        1

* = Average is actually less than 20˚C/68 F, but I don’t want to take any chance.
** = With humidity, I mean the “spraying” intensity per week. Using a false bottom setup, the humidity will remain about the same, but to imitate the rainfall I thought it useful to spray the substrate as well.

With dimmers, normal lights, infrared lamps and heating mats it should be possible to get the temperatures right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.disagreement.nl
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus petersii   Heterometrus petersii Empty2/17/2014, 6:17 pm

Very nice studying:)

Luckily Heterometrus is a somewhat more tolerant genus for starters, it's very difficult to mimic exact natural conditions, but when you keep to an average and you make sure the animal is in good care, you'll do fine.

Take care,

Joey

Back to top Go down
kellysaxez
Pandinus
kellysaxez

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus petersii   Heterometrus petersii Empty5/9/2015, 3:55 pm

Wow, thank you so much for the work you did to provide us with this information. I wish I had seen this BEFORE I pm'd you about my accidental acquisition of an H. petersil. She is a beauty though, at least I think it's a she Smile Are they communal does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus petersii   Heterometrus petersii Empty5/10/2015, 9:17 pm

This is a bit outdated though, due to climate changes and global warming normal summer temps in South-east Asia now reaches 37C degree highs and can drop as low as 17C in Dec-Jan.months..

And i know this is because i have a resort house in the Philippines Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus petersii   Heterometrus petersii Empty

Back to top Go down

Heterometrus petersii
Page 1 of 1