The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khagra
Pandinus

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-02-06

Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but.. Empty
PostSubject: Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but..   Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but.. Empty2/6/2014, 5:11 pm

So.. Here I am, getting my tank today, and wanting so feedback on stuff.

I joined this forum in hopes of learning a lot about scorpions before purchase. Been reading up on them for about a year.. but I have this fear that I'm gonna do something wrong.. mostly from my experience with rats as pets. before joining ratforum several years back, I can't believe how many unhealthy things I did to my poor babies with things as simple as bedding and food types. Don't want to make those kind of mistakes again.

I did read over the stickies posted here... But I wanted to get some personal insight from people who've had emperor scorpions before. What are things you wish you had known when you got your first scorpion?

Also another question I had... is it better to pick up an emperor scorpion form a local breeder if I can as opposed to a chain petstore like petco/petsmart? I've noticed a lot of rats already have illnesses when you get them from places like that, so if it's safer to get a scorpion elsewhere.. that'd be good to know!
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but..   Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but.. Empty2/6/2014, 8:44 pm

The advantage of buying from a breeder is that you could do some bargaining for a cheaper price. If your breeder is good enough you'll go home with freebies as well.
Back to top Go down
Khagra
Pandinus

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but..   Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but.. Empty2/6/2014, 9:44 pm

I'm not sure I want more than one, tmpting as it is. Think it's probably wisest for me to only have one since it's my first one. no more until I have at least a little experience with them.

Can you keep multiple Emperors together in an appropriately sized tank? Mine's 10g so not sure :V
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but..   Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but.. Empty2/9/2014, 3:52 am

Yes, you can but as a general rule, a scorpion is communal until it is not.

Some are good together when younger and some are good as a pair or as a trio as adults. Groups do well in bigger setups
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but..   Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Haven't purchased a scorpion yet but..
Page 1 of 1