The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

my fist baby emp! :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
daveUK
Pandinus
daveUK

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-08-13

my fist baby emp! :) Empty
PostSubject: my fist baby emp! :)   my fist baby emp! :) Empty11/15/2013, 5:21 am

hey guys finally got my scorp yesterday bout 6-8cm but seems to like being at the top of the tank next to the IR light clinging onto the polystyrene rock effect background whats it doing? at the moment he's in its cave the day time temp around 27-28C night around 24.5C-25C

my fist baby emp! :) Dscf1211

my fist baby emp! :) Dscf1212

my fist baby emp! :) Dscf1213
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: my fist baby emp! :)   my fist baby emp! :) Empty11/15/2013, 7:48 am

It's probably trying to get warm. It's also not far away from getting stuck to the masking tape. I would get rid of the background all together. It's a fall hazard and I've read reports of scorpions getting trapped behind it.
Back to top Go down
daveUK
Pandinus
daveUK

PostSubject: Re: my fist baby emp! :)   my fist baby emp! :) Empty11/15/2013, 11:14 am

thanks mate il see what i can do Smile when i went to get him he asked me what tank ect iv got, i mentioned i don't have a heat mat but an IR lamp for heat and he said that's good for air ambient but you should get a small heat mat for the side so he can be warm when burrowing this right or is an 50w IR light enough?.
Back to top Go down
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: my fist baby emp! :)   my fist baby emp! :) Empty11/16/2013, 12:03 pm

That depends on the size of the tank, the depth of the substrate, and the temp outside the cage where he is kept.  If he seems "to hug the heat lamp," that could be a sighn that the substrate is a bit cool for him.  You might try a heat mat on the same side of the cage as the heat lamp.  Make sure the mat is stuck to the side of the cage and not the bottom.  Stick your finger in the substrate and see how it feels.  It should not feel hot, just pleasantly warm.  You could also stick a thermometer into the substrate or get an IR thermometer to take readings.
Back to top Go down
daveUK
Pandinus
daveUK

PostSubject: Re: my fist baby emp! :)   my fist baby emp! :) Empty11/16/2013, 3:44 pm

cheers robert, the depth is around 4inchs the tank is in my bedroom on my desk the temp outside ( in my room) is around 22-23C and to the right of the desk is my radiator, i took the background out and now its gone under the piece of bark and saw it burrowing under it when i shine a touch in the opening, the bark is directly under the IR lamp iv switched the day lamp off now ( energy saver) as its night time, temp is 25C but in day its 27C-28C

my fist baby emp! :) Dscf1214

my fist baby emp! :) Dscf1215

my fist baby emp! :) Dscf1217
Back to top Go down
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: my fist baby emp! :)   my fist baby emp! :) Empty11/17/2013, 8:06 am

Sounds like a great setup!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my fist baby emp! :)   my fist baby emp! :) Empty

Back to top Go down

my fist baby emp! :)
Page 1 of 1