The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

premoult H.spinifer male

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikesk8
Pandinus

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-11-01

premoult H.spinifer male Empty
PostSubject: premoult H.spinifer male   premoult H.spinifer male Empty11/1/2013, 8:22 pm

how long time can last the premoult of a male of H.spinifer? he have 2 years (sorry for my bad english) Smile
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: premoult H.spinifer male   premoult H.spinifer male Empty11/2/2013, 8:35 am

At what instar is it?
Back to top Go down
mikesk8
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: premoult H.spinifer male   premoult H.spinifer male Empty11/2/2013, 9:59 am

i believe that he is a mature male... because the guy that gave me the scorpion,told me that he have bought it 2 years ago when the scorpion was a scorpionling...
Back to top Go down
mikesk8
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: premoult H.spinifer male   premoult H.spinifer male Empty11/2/2013, 10:06 am

do you want see a photo of him?
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

PostSubject: Re: premoult H.spinifer male   premoult H.spinifer male Empty11/2/2013, 3:39 pm

Yeah sure go. I can compare to it 7th instar male H.spinifer so we'll know for sure
Back to top Go down
mikesk8
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: premoult H.spinifer male   premoult H.spinifer male Empty11/2/2013, 7:52 pm

premoult H.spinifer male Sam_2010 this is my male Smile
Back to top Go down
mikesk8
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: premoult H.spinifer male   premoult H.spinifer male Empty11/2/2013, 7:54 pm

near him there is a bottle cap Smile
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

PostSubject: Re: premoult H.spinifer male   premoult H.spinifer male Empty11/3/2013, 8:20 am

You sure that's a H.spinifer? Spinifers have darker/dark gray pleural membranes than a lighter one. Spinifers also tend to be brownish in the legs and pedipalps w/ a hint of green. That looks more like a H.petersii or laoticus..
Back to top Go down
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: premoult H.spinifer male   premoult H.spinifer male Empty11/3/2013, 9:33 am

You can't species define heterometrus by the colour of the pleural membrane or the colour of any other body part. Identification is basically all in the granulation or lack of.
H. spinifer has a unique granulation pattern on the prosoma but i can't see that on your pic although you really need a sharp picture just of this region to be certain. It could be H. laoticus because the prosoma does look rather smooth and free of granulation although again the picture isn't good enough to be certain.
Still, whether it's one or the other is irrelevant...Your question is basically, how long before this scorpion is adult or is it already adult!
I don't understand if you mean that your friend had it for 2 years and then you have had it for 2 years or if you just mean it is 2 years old...If it is 2 years old then it could well be adult although if it's been kept at a low temperature and not had a reliable supply of prey throughout it's life then that could of course set it back....Find a female and put them together...if he leaves a spermatophore then he's adult and won't be moulting anymore....
Back to top Go down
mikesk8
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: premoult H.spinifer male   premoult H.spinifer male Empty11/3/2013, 7:45 pm

yes the scorpion have only 2 years...and this guy told me that during mating he have broken his stinger in the female...and he told me that he is in premoult for to regenerate his stingers...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: premoult H.spinifer male   premoult H.spinifer male Empty

Back to top Go down

premoult H.spinifer male
Page 1 of 1