The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jester135
Pandinus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got? Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got?   Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got? Empty9/17/2013, 9:13 am

I'm new to the whole scorp thing... 1st thing s forst though, can anybody help me confirm if the scorp i got is an asian forest scorpion or is it a diff species (according to the guy i bought it from, he said it's an asian forest but my gut feeling say that he's just assuming its one)
Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got? Image_zpscd46ca01

Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got? Image_zps9b9b3cd9
It's currently 2-3in in length so i'm guessing i cant know the sex of it yet

Also how often should i feed it and many mealworm? And how many per feeding? Any suggestions and info i need to know are greatly appreciated..
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got?   Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got? Empty9/17/2013, 10:44 am

Looks like a Heterometrus spp of some kind (Asian Forest). Probably longimanus or spinifer. Can you get a better closeup picture of the face and the hands? We'd really be able to tell that way.

On feeding, feed once per week. One mealworm should suffice, but a cricket or a roach is better. Mealworms tend to be quite fatty.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got?   Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got? Empty9/17/2013, 6:26 pm

It certainly looks to be a Heterometrus species. I agree that it's probably H. spinifer or H. longimanus. More likely the former.

It looks to be around 3rd instar, so it's very young and I doubt I'd be able to give a confident ID without the aid of a microscope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got?   Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got? Empty9/18/2013, 4:55 am

my 3i longimanuses look exactly like that. don't know if your's turns out to be spinifer though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jester135
Pandinus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got?   Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got? Empty9/18/2013, 6:47 am

Thanks for the replies.. Hopefully i'll be able to get a clearer pic of it's face and claws.. It seems to be too stressed and agitated right now so i'm waiting for it to be in a more calmer state beore i attempt to take a pic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got?   Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can anyone confirm the type of scorp i got?
Page 1 of 1