The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)  Empty
PostSubject: Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)    Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)  Empty6/21/2013, 10:36 am

This is a handling vid that I've wanted to post for a long time. I am by no means suggesting anyone to attempt without knowing what they're doing and under no circumstances should anyone try this even if Heterometrus stings are not known to be lethal. You may not only hurt yourself but also the scorpion.

Hand cupping: - Bear in my mind that I'm not squeezing the scorpion, I'm just simulating a narrow dark crevice to put it in a tonic state. I've known this to work for Heterometrus; particularly H. longimanus and H. spinifer. WC ones are a bit more aggressive to do this with. I was wondering if anyone else has already known about this? 

If you intend to try this at all, keep in mind that it will not work with a scorpion that responds defensively to your attempts to cover it over... don't push it with one that doesn't want it. I'm in no way responsible and accountable for anything if you should choose to ignore this disclaimer

Cheers and best regards.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)    Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)  Empty6/22/2013, 1:22 am

Nice video Alex. 

I was not prepared for the number of scorps in that tank! cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)    Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)  Empty6/22/2013, 2:10 am

that was awesome, alex! never seen anything like that done before.

i wonder if that will work on my LQs.

.......... just kidding Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)    Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)  Empty6/23/2013, 1:35 am

bjaeger wrote:
that was awesome, alex! never seen anything like that done before.

i wonder if that will work on my LQs.

.......... just kidding Razz

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
NJE
Pandinus
NJE

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)    Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)  Empty2/19/2014, 5:08 pm

Wow, that surprised me on how many scorpions came out from under that flat rock!
Back to top Go down
Bob bobo
Pandinus

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2021-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)    Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)  Empty6/15/2021, 4:38 pm

LXDNG79 wrote:
This is a handling vid that I've wanted to post for a long time. I am by no means suggesting anyone to attempt without knowing what they're doing and under no circumstances should anyone try this even if Heterometrus stings are not known to be lethal. You may not only hurt yourself but also the scorpion.

Hand cupping: - Bear in my mind that I'm not squeezing the scorpion, I'm just simulating a narrow dark crevice to put it in a tonic state. I've known this to work for Heterometrus; particularly H. longimanus and H. spinifer. WC ones are a bit more aggressive to do this with. I was wondering if anyone else has already known about this? 

If you intend to try this at all, keep in mind that it will not work with a scorpion that responds defensively to your attempts to cover it over... don't push it with one that doesn't want it. I'm in no way responsible and accountable for anything if you should choose to ignore this disclaimer

Cheers and best regards.
It works with defensive scorpions, any scorpions. I've handled a. Mauritanicus(defensive) and l. quinquestriatus(nervous/defensive). My sting from handling was accidental while the scorpion was sliding off my finger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)    Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Heterometrus Handling (Hand Cupping)
Page 1 of 1