The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby

Go down 
+3
TheKevil
Tongue Flicker
Shakudo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty
PostSubject: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty6/20/2013, 10:13 am

Hi everybody,

I wanted to share something with our group.
I recently had to make a choice to go look for a place on my own.
My mother is currently recuperating from a heavy stroke which she suffered last October.
And I now have to move her into a adapted home for her alone, where she can live on her own.

So I have 2 relocations in store, things are... Hectic;) that seems to be the understatement of the year with me.

There for I sadly will be a little less active than normal.

At the moment, my LQ Amidala is growing to big big zeppelin size...
I have made preps for her birth...

Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Image11

I have bought a big storage shelf at a home improvement store.
It is considerably wide and tall, and can house all my scorpions, with a lot of room to boot, for expansion in the future.

Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Image12

I have a nice two room apartment, with 39 m2 of room so I can make a nice little corner of scorpions... I love that I can now finally expand and have everything in one place!

Shakudo's Haus of Scorpions, will hopefully come true.

I'll keep u guys posted...

All chela in the air, rock on.

Talk to y'all soon.

Love,

Joey
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty6/20/2013, 1:17 pm

nice rack! i feel for you in a way. i'm heading back to my adoptive country (for business purposes) next month so i'm gonna be away from my scorpions for a full 2 months. thank goodness they can survive for that long without food Very Happy

and oh, sorry to hear about your mom. hope she gets better soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty6/20/2013, 2:49 pm

Man... I love the organizer you bought for your slings. The shelf is rad, too. Good one to use because you can adjust the height of the shelves. Good luck with your move and good luck and positive energies to your mom! I hope her recovery goes well.
Back to top Go down
dakuan
Hadogenes
dakuan

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2013-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty6/20/2013, 4:17 pm

Nice shelf! I'm going to order one myself aswell. All the best!
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty6/20/2013, 5:10 pm

Kwantum Wink 
dakuan wrote:
Back to top Go down
dakuan
Hadogenes
dakuan

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2013-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty6/20/2013, 6:12 pm

Ordered!
Shakudo wrote:
Kwantum Wink 
dakuan wrote:
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty6/21/2013, 8:40 pm

You basically have the same shelf as me Joey (excellent choice). I hope we'll still be able to converse on facebook at least. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty7/15/2013, 4:59 pm

Update...

I miss this...

So freaking much ....

What's up with my scorp people???

I have been painting my mothers house with the help of some friends, and am really overtaxed, but its a lot of work.

My own place is coming along, moved all the scorpions over, because this house is very well isolated I have started to use energy saving bulbs, and am planning to use heat mats for all my enclosures to save on energy costs and still be able to warm them properly, I am however as it is summer here, not in direct need of them, my house is a comfy 25 degrees Celsius..

I miss being active here more than you can imagine, and I miss tinkering and being active with my hobby. I don't sleep yet in my new house, so I have to miss my scorpions and my snake.

But I hope to be settled in by the end of June... I have however still a lot of work left...

Here are some pictures for you all to see how it's going, and I finished my invert rack:)

Very happy with it, and it has a nice place in my living room:)
I am planning to expand in the future, probably end of this year, I will invest in some new enclosures and get some of my wish list scorpions:) I am exited to expand my hobby in the future:)

Talk to you all soon !!!

Your friend,

Joey

Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Image11

Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Image12

Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Image13

Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Image14

And when I get settled in I have a new friend:)

Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Image15
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty7/15/2013, 5:02 pm

Smile Your place looks good. I love the colors. I always get jealous of European flats. Good luck on the rest of the move!
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty7/15/2013, 5:07 pm

Nice to see you back on Joey we miss you. Hurry up and get settled in already. You've missed so much. Patrick got his first chest hair and Nheil finally learned how to swim. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty7/15/2013, 5:13 pm

TheKevil wrote:
Smile Your place looks good. I love the colors. I always get jealous of European flats. Good luck on the rest of the move!
Thank you, it was done by the previous occupant, and we happen to have the same color preferences.

~Abyss~ wrote:
Nice to see you back on Joey we miss you. Hurry up and get settled in already. You've missed so much. Patrick got his first chest hair and Nheil finally learned how to swim. Razz

I miss you guys too, but all my time goes to the moving now Sad
I am planning to become more active again of course, I will be back, more scorp addicted then ever.

Ahw I am so proud lol! 

Smile hope to talk to y'all soon, I am currently having an evening off in my apartment, so I am sitting between the screwes and boxes typing this on my iPad, and I am happy with personal hotspot at the moment I don't have my internet yet here...

I am going to browse a bit Smile

Joey
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty8/22/2013, 1:15 pm

Little update

It looks like I might have Internet at the end of September hopefully sooner.

That's why I haven't been active yet.

I miss this very much and wanted to let u guys know how much I am bummed out with not being able to inter act more with you guys.

Ttyall soon!!

Gr

Joey
Back to top Go down
CactusHugger
Babycurus
CactusHugger

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty8/22/2013, 9:46 pm

I have to ask where did you get that awesome sling carrier!?
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty8/26/2013, 2:41 am

Miss you man!

~Abyss~ wrote:
Neutral No comment.
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty9/12/2013, 12:44 pm

I AM BACK!

YAY!

Finally I got my internet and tv up and running so I am back online in now, my own place.
I can be more active now once more.

Keep watch for my photo threads;) they shall be updated Wink

Joey

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby   Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby Empty

Back to top Go down

Breeding, moving house, and the future of my scorpion hobby
Page 1 of 1