The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

O. wahlbergii mycosis

Go down 
+2
~Abyss~
CactusHugger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CactusHugger
Babycurus
CactusHugger

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2012-10-03

O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty
PostSubject: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/12/2013, 6:36 pm

Hey guys ill try and get a picture up soon of this but I got a wahlbergii today and it looks like he has severe mycosis on one of his legs as well as a little on his soft spots. is this possible to happen with this species!? I thought they liked humidity? HELP!
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/12/2013, 7:00 pm

Picures would help. They do like it humid but it's still possible. Remember it's just a fungus. You can switch him to a dry enviroment. Usually I find moist species get mycosis when the substrate they were being kept on is severly wet.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/12/2013, 7:23 pm

They like it more humid than the typical desert species, but not too humid. I keep mine at about 50-60 and spray the cage every now and then. They will still thrive in desert conditions, but if you are using sand, make sure to give it some excavator clay (which is gonna require higher humidity levels at first to get it set) or cocoa fiber in there, too. They burrow like crazy and without that stuff, the burrows collapse really easily.

Last edited by TheKevil on 6/12/2013, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot ())
Back to top Go down
CactusHugger
Babycurus
CactusHugger

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/12/2013, 7:36 pm

Wow I did not know that at all thank you so much for that info here is a pic for you tell me if its too hard to tell and I can try and get a better one thank you! 

O. wahlbergii mycosis Photo_10
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/12/2013, 7:43 pm

Not sure on that.... It doesn't look spongy at all... Is it gravid or pre-molt? If it's pre-molt than it may go away after that from what these guys have told me. I'm having similar issues with my LQ.

BTW... You know these guys are also called hissing scorpions? I haven't ever gotten mine to do it, but I have seen videos online of some getting all pissed off and making all sorts of noise.
Back to top Go down
CactusHugger
Babycurus
CactusHugger

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/12/2013, 8:00 pm

Mine totally does this!!! hisses all the time I just got it today but it has already started getting really mean and nasty with me haha and ya I think its pre molt im really hoping the molt gets rid of this crap im worried Sad
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/12/2013, 8:05 pm

I have heard lots of stories of super aggressive O. wahlbergii's. Mine is an angel, comparatively, I guess. Never gotten her to hiss or attempt to stab or anything. I've only had her about a week, though. Maybe Angel would be a good name. Lol. She's still nameless.

I hope so, too. Sick babies are no fun. Especially when you just paid for them.
Back to top Go down
CactusHugger
Babycurus
CactusHugger

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/13/2013, 5:17 am

I am not gonna lie I love the aggressive guys watching them eat is all the more fun Smile I really do hope my wahli pulls through :/ kind of disappointed...
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/13/2013, 1:19 pm

Yeah... I hope so, too. I'm feeling the same way about my LQ. He's about to molt also, so we may both have a pleasant surprise in the next few weeks.

On the aggressive ones... I like them, but I definitely like ones that I can "pet" too.
Back to top Go down
thegromgrom
Breeder
thegromgrom

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/13/2013, 6:04 pm

They're from South Africa and live in burrows in a semi arid enviornment, so yes, they like above average moisture for an arid sp!

My WC ones are definitely pretty defensive and loud. The scorplings are very nervous as well.
Back to top Go down
CactusHugger
Babycurus
CactusHugger

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/14/2013, 8:11 pm

Thanks guys appreciate the help seems to be just fine and is doing well. I just got an LQ today he was the only one out of 9 in the store that didnt have mycosis spots....oh well
Back to top Go down
dakuan
Hadogenes
dakuan

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2013-06-05

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/15/2013, 7:22 am

@CactusHugger

You're building quite a collection aren't you? How many scorpions do you keep at the moment? I really like the A.bicolor you recently bought. I might get one in the future or maybe a few P.liosoma. A.bicolor can't be kept communal right?
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/15/2013, 11:06 am

No, they can't.
Back to top Go down
dakuan
Hadogenes
dakuan

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2013-06-05

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty6/15/2013, 11:15 am

Ok, cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O. wahlbergii mycosis   O. wahlbergii mycosis Empty

Back to top Go down

O. wahlbergii mycosis
Page 1 of 1