The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Ultimate molt (8+ instar)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Ultimate molt (8+ instar) Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate molt (8+ instar)   Ultimate molt (8+ instar) Empty6/5/2013, 3:51 am

Hello again. I've been online as per usual looking up different species of scorpions and yadi yadi yada.... Some scorpions, such as Centruroides species, can reach an ultimate molt. An ultimate molt, from what I know of, is the utmost highest possible molt the specimen can reach.
Allow me to direct this question to some of the more experienced keepers: How long does it take for an adult scorpion to reach its peak (7-8+ instar) Also, if anybody is familiar with this, a list of certain species would be helpful.

I was digging around the forum when I saw this: http://www.scorpion-forum.com/t2134p15-info-scorpion-facts

If you scroll down, you'll see the picture of a Centruroides bicolor that one of our members Venom posted. This, I believe would be an example of this species ultimate molt.
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate molt (8+ instar)   Ultimate molt (8+ instar) Empty6/5/2013, 5:49 am

Well, for one thing P.transvaalicus is not the biggest Buthidae, P.villosus is.
From my experience with raising Parabuthus, they usually take a little more than a year to reach maturity.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate molt (8+ instar)   Ultimate molt (8+ instar) Empty6/5/2013, 11:42 am

Sometimes they never reach that ultimate molt. I think C.margiratus can reach 8i but will mature at 7i and stay 7i if bred.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate molt (8+ instar)   Ultimate molt (8+ instar) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate molt (8+ instar)
Page 1 of 1