The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

PT is it gravid or premolt?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
beene38
Centruroides
beene38

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2011-09-04

PT is it gravid or premolt? Empty
PostSubject: PT is it gravid or premolt?   PT is it gravid or premolt? Empty10/30/2011, 7:41 am

Ive noticed that my PT has gotten much fatter since I got her about 3 months ago I feed one cricket once a week, but lately Ive noticed that she has been sitting in the spot where i mist once a month. I got her from Ken and i dont know if he keeps them together or not so im kinda leaning more towards premolt. Let me know what you think GS, Pluto im talking to you guys lol and anyone else of course too Wink
PT is it gravid or premolt? Imag0470
PT is it gravid or premolt? Imag0471
PT is it gravid or premolt? Imag0472
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: PT is it gravid or premolt?   PT is it gravid or premolt? Empty10/30/2011, 9:28 am

I presume you've ordered an adult female, I might be wrong but all seems good with pic #1 & 2 Smile

I've raised my P.trans from 2.instar and mated them at 8.instar, signs of gravid shows in the 4-5th month of pregnancy. It's best to check with Ken if any chance she's been mated before or a wild caught (as most WC adults are already gravid).
Do you have an adult male to further test if she's gravid?

Meanwhile, its good to shower her with the conditions suitable for a gravid mum.
Keep one side of the tank slightly hotter than the other (e.g. With infra red heat lamp), ensure good ventilation and availability of a hide and place a small capful of water at a corner of the tank. Fill it weekly.

Back to top Go down
beene38
Centruroides
beene38

PostSubject: Re: PT is it gravid or premolt?   PT is it gravid or premolt? Empty11/4/2011, 6:14 am

Thanks GS! did just that i have the cermaic heat bulb opposite side i have cap of water on, havent seen her for three days so who knows lol. Sorry for late reply been MIA with work
Back to top Go down
beene38
Centruroides
beene38

PostSubject: Re: PT is it gravid or premolt?   PT is it gravid or premolt? Empty11/4/2011, 6:17 am

oh and shes not a full adult yet just sub adult, im gonna guess 4i. Ill post a pic with quarter or somthing for size comparision next time she out of her hide Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: PT is it gravid or premolt?   PT is it gravid or premolt? Empty11/4/2011, 7:49 am

lolz.. why did you ask if she's gravid or premolt when you are saying she's a sub-adult?

She's really looking gorgeous and big without a size comparison item around Smile

Pic #1 & 2 has some similarities like my gravids' (will post up pics in my P.trans thread soon)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PT is it gravid or premolt?   PT is it gravid or premolt? Empty

Back to top Go down

PT is it gravid or premolt?
Page 1 of 1