The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Hello from Canada!

Go down 
+3
WyattEarp4137
leiurusSaleen820
HELLRAZR
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Hello from Canada! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Canada!   Hello from Canada! - Page 2 Empty8/7/2011, 2:57 pm

Woah dude, that's pretty sweet. Shocked
Back to top Go down
HELLRAZR
Pandinus

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Canada!   Hello from Canada! - Page 2 Empty8/7/2011, 4:00 pm

Thanks a lot of work went in to it
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Canada!   Hello from Canada! - Page 2 Empty8/7/2011, 5:45 pm

Welcome to the forum and your emps are very cool and I dig the names Smile
Back to top Go down
HELLRAZR
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Canada!   Hello from Canada! - Page 2 Empty8/7/2011, 6:01 pm

thanks they suit them glad to share Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Canada!   Hello from Canada! - Page 2 Empty8/8/2011, 11:14 am

Welcome to the forum. Those are great looking scorpions. You're tank looks real nice also, but I do have a few
comments. Please don't take them the wrong way; they're only meant as constructive criticism.

I think your tank is probably too small for 3 adult emperors and I would hate to see you lose one because of cramped
quarters. They would be much more comfortable in something twice as large. A 15 gal. tank (24x12x12 inch) is typically
what's recommended for housing 3 adults. A larger tank will also allow you to create a temperature gradient where one
end of the tank is warm (~88F) and the other end is cooler (~80F).

I also noticed that your tank has screen sides. These are great for ventilation, but I think you'll have a hard time keeping
any humidity in the tank. Emperors need a relative humidity of 80% to 90%. If you keep the substrate sufficiently moist,
this may not be a problem, but you might consider covering the side screens with plastic wrap.
Back to top Go down
HELLRAZR
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Canada!   Hello from Canada! - Page 2 Empty8/8/2011, 1:01 pm

all very good tips and thank you for them my tank is 18x18 20 gallon tank its massive tbh they all have there own burrow that they made so seems all is good...i don't use my heat lamp much and the humidity at a nice 80%. My heat will rise up and down from 80 to 90F they seem to enjoy there tank. The mesh thing might be a great idea they like to climb it and just bask in the heat lap for some strange reason. Thanks for all the tips
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Canada!   Hello from Canada! - Page 2 Empty8/8/2011, 10:17 pm

Excellent. From the pictures, I mistook it for a much smaller 12x12 tank. Sorry 'bout that. I'll now pull my foot out of my mouth. Smile
Back to top Go down
HELLRAZR
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Canada!   Hello from Canada! - Page 2 Empty8/8/2011, 10:21 pm

its fine dude my sister though the same thing lol i think i might have two males the big one Virgo it looks more oval then hart but im not sure it seems prgo to D:
Back to top Go down
HELLRAZR
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Canada!   Hello from Canada! - Page 2 Empty8/26/2011, 12:01 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9NlUSOE14Y&feature=youtu.be

Vid of my male Scorpio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Canada!   Hello from Canada! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Canada!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2