The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Birthday Tarantula

Go down 
+3
_Nagash_
scorpion111
*Connie*
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Birthday Tarantula - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday Tarantula   Birthday Tarantula - Page 2 Empty5/11/2008, 4:26 am

I think its a B Emilia! Been looking at different pictures and the colourings on a B Emilia is it!
I will be having the camera later to post pictures. But I feel, we both feel its a Brachypelma Emilia "Mexican true red knee" it says on the internet.

xxxxxx

Last edited by *Connie* on 5/11/2008, 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo again)
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Tarantula   Birthday Tarantula - Page 2 Empty5/11/2008, 5:13 am

The problem with Red knees is that both B.smithi, auratum, emilia are all called Red knees... Very Happy but iam looking forward to the pictures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Tarantula   Birthday Tarantula - Page 2 Empty5/11/2008, 6:08 am

Yeah thats what I found! there are red knees and red legs all about hahaha. I now understand why the scientific name is so important. Im 99% sure its a B Emilia, you guys seeing the pictures will only confirm.
I wont be able to post the pictures until after 5pm my time

But now all this talk of the "flame knee" and seeing pictures has made me want him to have one hehehe
He has seen the P. matilica but I dont know about that one

xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Tarantula   Birthday Tarantula - Page 2 Empty5/11/2008, 6:54 am

P. matilica is a aboreal ( i hope i spelled that right ) living T, fast and he should read about this one and take care with these, they have strong venom and abit agressive. so caution should be taken with these.. Very Happy i have P.regalis and P.rufilator both really good looking Ts, but i know these are not ones you should handle.. If he wants a T he can handle onces in a while, go for B.smithi or stuff like that.. good starter ones.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Tarantula   Birthday Tarantula - Page 2 Empty5/11/2008, 12:39 pm

That's why you should never go by common names. Rolling Eyes Bloody pet shops confusing us all!

By the way, it's P. metallica, like the band. Wink Those things are expensive -- slings go for as much as $200.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Tarantula   Birthday Tarantula - Page 2 Empty5/11/2008, 1:35 pm

Well the p metallica has spiderlings on the way! Hes not after something he can hold....and ive read they have been hard to come by...but we shall see how we go with this first tarantula! but im now after a B. boehmei!

Pic to be posted in its own thread

xxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Tarantula   Birthday Tarantula - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Birthday Tarantula
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2