The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My setup + My future 150 gallon

Go down 
+2
Vin Diesel
Bedlam
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty4/4/2011, 10:02 am

How are you gonna fit those in ya oven Lolz?? We have always baked our stuff even cocoa fiber, sand and stones Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty4/4/2011, 12:23 pm

Hmm . . . as an alternate way to get them in the oven, you could saw them in half, bake the smaller pieces, then re-attach them with aquarium sealant.

If aquarium sealant doesn't bond wood very well, you could drill holes in the cut surfaces and use carpenter's glue to anchor small dowels in the holes -- kind of like when putting an Ikea bookshelf together?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty4/4/2011, 12:38 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
Hmm . . . as an alternate way to get them in the oven, you could saw them in half, bake the smaller pieces, then re-attach them with aquarium sealant.

If aquarium sealant doesn't bond wood very well, you could drill holes in the cut surfaces and use carpenter's glue to anchor small dowels in the holes -- kind of like when putting an Ikea bookshelf together?

That's actually a really good idea, saving that one for future ref Smile
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty4/4/2011, 4:31 pm

I think they'll fit. I might only place 1 in the tank.

My Eco Earth come in today. It's a lot but I'm still a bit concerned that I might not have enough. It's 4 packs of 3. (12 Bricks)

I'm still having some trouble finding a Stream method.

What size heat mat should I purchase? A 50-60?

I wanna thank everyone for the support, it's helping me out a lot.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty4/4/2011, 4:42 pm

I seriously wouldn't bother with a heat matt on that huge tank you would be far better with infrared bulbs and a couple clamp lamps, heat matts re rubbish I doubt one would be enoughto heat it adequately Smile
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty4/4/2011, 4:50 pm

bex wrote:
I seriously wouldn't bother with a heat matt on that huge tank you would be far better with infrared bulbs and a couple clamp lamps, heat matts re rubbish I doubt one would be enoughto heat it adequately Smile

Can we we be a little more specific about the lighting?

Wattage? Only at night or day?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty4/4/2011, 4:53 pm

H. laoticus wrote:
231bex wrote:
Our plant died that we had in our emp tank Sad

Which one did you have?

It was like a bonsai tree, think just the lack of nutrients and uv killed it, gonna stick to fake plants Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty4/4/2011, 4:57 pm

Bedlam wrote:
bex wrote:

I would use 2 x 75watt infrared bulbs from above spaces to cover the whole tank Smile we use one 75w on our large tank, make sure it is jn fact infrared though and not just painted glass, you can leave them
On 24hrs if needed, ours stays on 24hrs think you can get a higher wattage, maybe an 80w would be better for you, and make sure the clamp lamp can take that high a wattage, we got one that only takes up to a 50w which was annoying Smile

You could use a heat matt too if you like and turn the bulbs off over night to mimic the drop in temp you would get naturally Smile
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty4/4/2011, 5:36 pm

bex wrote:
Bedlam wrote:
bex wrote:

I would use 2 x 75watt infrared bulbs from above spaces to cover the whole tank Smile we use one 75w on our large tank, make sure it is jn fact infrared though and not just painted glass, you can leave them
On 24hrs if needed, ours stays on 24hrs think you can get a higher wattage, maybe an 80w would be better for you, and make sure the clamp lamp can take that high a wattage, we got one that only takes up to a 50w which was annoying Smile

You could use a heat matt too if you like and turn the bulbs off over night to mimic the drop in temp you would get naturally Smile

Great idea, means more money though Shocked

Another thing, since I've been snooping around the forum. I've read about 'false bottoms.' Should I pay any mind to that and what is it exactly?

I'm thinking instead of buying the misty mountain I'd buy the Tetra Fauna Viquarium and create a section for that.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty4/5/2011, 2:40 am

Ill post a link to false bottoms on here so you van have a look ita basically when you put a layer of gravel at the bottom of your tank so it holds water to help with hunidity, however this can make your tank extremely heavy and if tour scorps burrow ( which ours do like craZy) they drag all the gravel back up into the tank and it jusy gets messy, but if your really clever like iitomodachi1 lol you can make your own under substrate irrigation system, this is an awesome idea and won't give you any extra weight, this is something I'm gonna have a go at Smile

Unfortunately the first link doesn't have pics Sad

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t12-false-bottom-enclosure-with-tips?highlight=False+bottom

Second link to another site with pics Smile

http://s4.zetaboards.com/HerpinVerts/topic/113748/1/

iitomodachi1 post -

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t5579-false-bottom-alternative
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty4/5/2011, 4:35 pm

Well, with the Waterfall/River/Pond and the mist, I don't think it'll be of concern. Plus I live in South Florida so it's already pretty humid. The average annual humidity is about 70.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My setup + My future 150 gallon   My setup + My future 150 gallon - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My setup + My future 150 gallon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2